Morrissey: 'I am not homosexual'
- Photo: Greg Allen/Rex USA1 of 4
- Photo: Mark Allan/Invision/AP2 of 4
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 4
More Celeb News
- What's in the Black Box? A Mind-Numbing DanceMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 10:48:00 AM
- Jennifer Berman Joins Roadside Attractions as SVP of Acquisitions, Co-Productions and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 10:44:00 AM
- Peter Jackson Reveals New Title for Third 'Hobbit' FilmMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 10:06:00 AM
- Maker Studios Partners With Viral Video King Jukin MediaMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 10:00:00 AM
- FCC Promises to Protect Open Internet, But Net Neutrality's Future Looks BleakMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 9:38:00 AM
- What's in the Black Box? A Mind-Numbing Dance
Veteran singer Morrissey has set the record straight about his sexuality, insisting he is not gay despite enjoying a close relationship with a male photographer in the 1990s.
The former The Smiths star, who has always dodged questions about his love life, came clean about his strong bond with Jake Walters in his new memoir, confirming long-running rumors about the man who was a constant presence at Morrissey's side during the mid-1990s.
RELATED: 2013's biggest breakups so far
He stopped short of revealing whether they were actually lovers, but he dropped heavy hints of a romance, writing, "For the first time in my life the eternal 'I' becomes 'we', as, finally, I can get on with someone ... Jake and I neither sought nor needed company other than our own for the whirlwind stretch to come.
"Indulgently Jake and I test how far each of us can go before 'being dwelt in' causes cries of intolerable struggle, but our closeness transcends such visitations."
RELATED: Stars who fluctuate in weight
However, since the book's release on Thursday, Morrissey has felt the need to speak out and address the revelation.
In a note posted on the True To You fansite on Saturday, he writes: "Unfortunately, I am not homosexual. In technical fact, I am humasexual. I am attracted to humans. But, of course... not many."
The message won't come as a surprise to fans -- Morrissey, 54, has long asserted he is asexual and celibate.
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTRing Speculation
From Crowd Ignite