Morrissey: 'I am not homosexual'
- Photo: Greg Allen/Rex USA1 of 4
- Photo: Mark Allan/Invision/AP2 of 4
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 4
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
Veteran singer Morrissey has set the record straight about his sexuality, insisting he is not gay despite enjoying a close relationship with a male photographer in the 1990s.
The former The Smiths star, who has always dodged questions about his love life, came clean about his strong bond with Jake Walters in his new memoir, confirming long-running rumors about the man who was a constant presence at Morrissey's side during the mid-1990s.
RELATED: 2013's biggest breakups so far
He stopped short of revealing whether they were actually lovers, but he dropped heavy hints of a romance, writing, "For the first time in my life the eternal 'I' becomes 'we', as, finally, I can get on with someone ... Jake and I neither sought nor needed company other than our own for the whirlwind stretch to come.
"Indulgently Jake and I test how far each of us can go before 'being dwelt in' causes cries of intolerable struggle, but our closeness transcends such visitations."
RELATED: Stars who fluctuate in weight
However, since the book's release on Thursday, Morrissey has felt the need to speak out and address the revelation.
In a note posted on the True To You fansite on Saturday, he writes: "Unfortunately, I am not homosexual. In technical fact, I am humasexual. I am attracted to humans. But, of course... not many."
The message won't come as a surprise to fans -- Morrissey, 54, has long asserted he is asexual and celibate.
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite