Naomi, Wynonna Judd: We Were Sexually Abused, Too
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/GettyImages.com1 of 2
More Celeb News
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:51:00 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Opening Day Universal's Best-Ever in U.K.MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:26:21 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: Much Ado About Absolutely EverythingMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 7:31:58 AM
- The Curious Case of Benicio del Toro in 'Jimmy P'MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 3:29:59 AM
- Wentworth Media Launches to Finance, Produce MoviesMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 2:00:07 AM
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office
In her headline-grabbing memoir, "All That Is Bitter and Sweet," Ashley Judd talks about being sexually abused as a child by an older man. Now her famous mother and older sister, aka the singing duo the Judds, are revealing they had similar experiences.
On "The View" Thursday, Ashley's mom, Naomi, said that as a 3-year-old, she was forced to fend off unwanted advances of an older male relative.
"I rebuffed him, and it happened twice more," said the singer, 65. "I knocked him away. I never said anything to anybody."
Naomi, who discusses the incident in her OWN Network series "The Judds" (debuting Sunday), said she kept the story secret until two years ago, when in a therapy session, her psychologist asked about her first memory.
"I told him, well, being sexually abused was my first memory, and he about fell off his seat," said Judd, who adds she "fell apart" after the discovery. "I realized I didn't trust my mother."
Naomi's oldest daughter and singing partner, Wynonna, 46, said that she heard her mother's story only recently, when they were touring.
"I was a little resentful that the cameras were on," said Wynonna. "But we're willing to step out on faith and hope that it helps someone else to tell someone, because there is a lot of shame and secrecy."
Asked if she'd also been a victim of sexual abuse, Wynonna said she had been and talks about it in her own memoir, "Coming Home to Myself."
"I haven't faced him yet," she said. "I'm a work in progress."
Wynonna also put to rest rumors that Ashley's book has caused familial strife.
"People are trying to pit us against each other," she said. "We agree to disagree in this family."
Added Naomi, "I support Ashley. We all have three different realities of the same car ride of the nightmares we were in. It's her turn to tell her side of the story."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersMiranda Kerr, Katy Perry, and Bjork all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Wants PrivacySelena Gomez doesn't like everyone knowing about her relationship with Justin Bieber, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Baby FaceCheck out the first pic of Malin Akerman's son -- a closeup of his adorable face -- on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite