Ne-Yo caught up in legal trouble with his ex
- Photo: DT2/WENN1 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com2 of 19
- Photo: Johnny Louis/WENN3 of 19
- Photo: © RD / Prommer / Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.4 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 19
- Photo: Harsha Gopal/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 19
- Photo: CPA/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 19
- Photo: Johnny Louis/WENN8 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 19
- Photo: WireImage10 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage11 of 19
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP12 of 19
- Photo: Larry Busacca for PEPSI/Getty Images North America13 of 19
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage14 of 19
- Photo: Kariba Jack/Promotional15 of 19
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP16 of 19
- Photo: RBB/Promotional17 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com18 of 19
More Celeb News
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Jim Gaffigan's CBS Pilot Gets Series Order From TV LandMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:51:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: A Once Connection, Sons' Final Ride, and a Big Grey's DecisionMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:42:00 PM
- Judd Apatow Hires 'South Park's' Pam Brady to Rewrite 'Business MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:36:00 PM
- CW's 'Flash' Adds 'Rake's' Kelly Frye as SuperMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:25:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WME
R&B singer Ne-Yo has been caught up in legal trouble with his ex after allegedly breaking their confidentiality agreement.
Ne-Yo initially believed he fathered a child with his former lover Jesseca White and he turned over $575,000 in custodial support in 2009.
A paternity test later confirmed the 33-year-old was not the child's biological parent and they reportedly reached a settlement banning both parties from discussing the matter with the press.
RELATED: Usher's highs and lows
But Ne-Yo, real name Shaffer Smith, opened up about the ordeal during an interview with VH1's "Behind the Music" in September , and now White has accused him of breaking their legal gag order and defaming her character.
Her attorney, Gloria Allred, has fired off a letter to the star, alleging White has been unable to work and forced to seek financial aid because she is "beset by nausea, vomiting, and hair loss" as a result of his comments.
White is seeking to settle the matter amicably out of court, according to TMZ.com
Where Are They?
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVegas Turn Up
From Crowd Ignite