Ne-Yo caught up in legal trouble with his ex
- Photo: DT2/WENN1 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com2 of 19
- Photo: Johnny Louis/WENN3 of 19
- Photo: © RD / Prommer / Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.4 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 19
- Photo: Harsha Gopal/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 19
- Photo: CPA/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 19
- Photo: Johnny Louis/WENN8 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 19
- Photo: WireImage10 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage11 of 19
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP12 of 19
- Photo: Larry Busacca for PEPSI/Getty Images North America13 of 19
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage14 of 19
- Photo: Kariba Jack/Promotional15 of 19
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP16 of 19
- Photo: RBB/Promotional17 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com18 of 19
More Celeb News
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release DateMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 11:49:00 PM
- Newsweek's Alleged Bitcoin Creator Denies Story, Flees In LA Car ChaseMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 10:39:00 PM
- 'All the Way' Theater Review: Bryan Cranston Brings His Wildly Funny LBJ to BroadwMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Man lauded as Japan Beethoven sorry for fake workMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:56:36 PM
- Slate's 'Adele Dazeem' Travoltafier Becomes the Most Popular Article in WMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release Date
R&B singer Ne-Yo has been caught up in legal trouble with his ex after allegedly breaking their confidentiality agreement.
Ne-Yo initially believed he fathered a child with his former lover Jesseca White and he turned over $575,000 in custodial support in 2009.
A paternity test later confirmed the 33-year-old was not the child's biological parent and they reportedly reached a settlement banning both parties from discussing the matter with the press.
RELATED: Usher's highs and lows
But Ne-Yo, real name Shaffer Smith, opened up about the ordeal during an interview with VH1's "Behind the Music" in September , and now White has accused him of breaking their legal gag order and defaming her character.
Her attorney, Gloria Allred, has fired off a letter to the star, alleging White has been unable to work and forced to seek financial aid because she is "beset by nausea, vomiting, and hair loss" as a result of his comments.
White is seeking to settle the matter amicably out of court, according to TMZ.com
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite