Ne-Yo caught up in legal trouble with his ex
- Photo: DT2/WENN1 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com2 of 19
- Photo: Johnny Louis/WENN3 of 19
- Photo: © RD / Prommer / Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.4 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 19
- Photo: Harsha Gopal/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 19
- Photo: CPA/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 19
- Photo: Johnny Louis/WENN8 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 19
- Photo: WireImage10 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage11 of 19
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP12 of 19
- Photo: Larry Busacca for PEPSI/Getty Images North America13 of 19
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage14 of 19
- Photo: Kariba Jack/Promotional15 of 19
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP16 of 19
- Photo: RBB/Promotional17 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com18 of 19
More Celeb News
- Exclusive: Franklin & Bash's Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Breckin Meyer Heading to ATX FMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 10:53:00 AM
- James Franco Calls New York Times Theater Critic a 'Little Bitch' Over 'OMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 10:51:00 AM
- Netflix, Snapchat, 'Veronica Mars' Win Producers Guild AwardsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 10:30:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Survivor' Hits Low, But Still Tops NightMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 9:25:00 AM
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Sexual Assault Allegations: Read the Full LawsuitMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 9:06:00 AM
- Exclusive: Franklin & Bash's Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Breckin Meyer Heading to ATX F
R&B singer Ne-Yo has been caught up in legal trouble with his ex after allegedly breaking their confidentiality agreement.
Ne-Yo initially believed he fathered a child with his former lover Jesseca White and he turned over $575,000 in custodial support in 2009.
A paternity test later confirmed the 33-year-old was not the child's biological parent and they reportedly reached a settlement banning both parties from discussing the matter with the press.
RELATED: Usher's highs and lows
But Ne-Yo, real name Shaffer Smith, opened up about the ordeal during an interview with VH1's "Behind the Music" in September , and now White has accused him of breaking their legal gag order and defaming her character.
Her attorney, Gloria Allred, has fired off a letter to the star, alleging White has been unable to work and forced to seek financial aid because she is "beset by nausea, vomiting, and hair loss" as a result of his comments.
White is seeking to settle the matter amicably out of court, according to TMZ.com
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon debuts his latest hairstyle -- a skunk-colored ‘do -- on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite