Nelly: I Was Unaware There Were Drugs, Gun on My Tour Bus
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: C.Smith/WENN3 of 9
- Photo: Sean John/Promotional4 of 9
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: Johnny Nunez/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: David Becker/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com8 of 9
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Nelly says that he's an innocent man.
The 37-year-old rapper spoke to TMZ Thursday regarding reports that drugs and a gun were found on his tour bus Wednesday night.
"It is my understanding a member of my staff made an unfortunate decision to bring unlawful materials onto our tour bus that resulted in his arrest this morning," he told TMZ.
According to the Associated Press, authorities discovered small amounts of heroin, a loaded gun and approximately 10 pounds of marijuana in a duffel bag on his bus at a notorious West Texas border checkpoint near Sierra Blanca.
"Neither I, nor anyone else on the tour bus, was aware of his decision to bring these on board," the rapper (whose real name is Cornell Iral Haynes, Jr.) added. "Law enforcement officials did not press charges against anyone other than that individual.”
Nelly and five other passengers were released after one man admitted the drugs and gun belonged to him. The rapper wrote an even more personal note on Twitter regarding the incident tweeting Thursday, "I'm not gonna front I'm mad as Hell about this s---! To have someone who works for you and who you call a friend for over 10 years jeopardize your life WTF?"
"That being said he was not only an employee but he was family -- someone who protected my life for many years!" he added. "No excuses for what he did! My heart goes out to his family and his kids!"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Justin Timberlake, see some of the hottest stars from the south.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite