Nelly: I Was Unaware There Were Drugs, Gun on My Tour Bus
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: C.Smith/WENN3 of 9
- Photo: Sean John/Promotional4 of 9
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: Johnny Nunez/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: David Becker/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com8 of 9
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
Nelly says that he's an innocent man.
The 37-year-old rapper spoke to TMZ Thursday regarding reports that drugs and a gun were found on his tour bus Wednesday night.
"It is my understanding a member of my staff made an unfortunate decision to bring unlawful materials onto our tour bus that resulted in his arrest this morning," he told TMZ.
According to the Associated Press, authorities discovered small amounts of heroin, a loaded gun and approximately 10 pounds of marijuana in a duffel bag on his bus at a notorious West Texas border checkpoint near Sierra Blanca.
"Neither I, nor anyone else on the tour bus, was aware of his decision to bring these on board," the rapper (whose real name is Cornell Iral Haynes, Jr.) added. "Law enforcement officials did not press charges against anyone other than that individual.”
Nelly and five other passengers were released after one man admitted the drugs and gun belonged to him. The rapper wrote an even more personal note on Twitter regarding the incident tweeting Thursday, "I'm not gonna front I'm mad as Hell about this s---! To have someone who works for you and who you call a friend for over 10 years jeopardize your life WTF?"
"That being said he was not only an employee but he was family -- someone who protected my life for many years!" he added. "No excuses for what he did! My heart goes out to his family and his kids!"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how Kim Kardashian, Fergie, Duchess Kate and more celebs look now that they've lost their pregnancy weight.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPrivacy Request
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite