New dad A.J. McLean suffers sobriety setback
- Photo: Vivien Killilea/WireImage1 of 3
- Photo: Fame Pictures2 of 3
More Celeb News
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:30:39 PM
- 'Hemlock Grove' Renewed for Season 2MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:19:55 PM
- Kelsey Grammer, Martin Lawrence Land Lawyer Comedy at FX MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:51:37 PM
- Music Journalist Chet Flippo Dead at 69MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:26:04 PM
- Owen Wilson and Woody Harrelson Go Back In Time in 'Free Bird's Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:01:15 PM
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56
Backstreet Boys star and new dad A.J. Mclean has suffered a setback in his ongoing battle for sobriety, confessing he has turned to alcohol on numerous occasions since completing his third stint in rehab last year.
RELATED: Celebritots of 2012
The singer sought professional treatment to overcome his latest alcohol and drug issues in early 2011, and he appeared to be getting his life back on track as he wed his make-up artist girlfriend Rochelle last winter. The couple welcomed a daughter named Ava on Nov. 27, and all seemed well for McLean -- but he was secretly struggling to keep his drink demons at bay.
He tells In Touch magazine, "A few weeks ago I had a really bad day, I was in a funk. I went out in Hollywood and had a couple of beers and maybe one or two shots. This happened two weeks ago, roughly."
And the 34-year-old admits it wasn't the first lapse: "Before that, I was sober for almost a month. Before then, four months. It's been sporadic.
"I will forever be an alcoholic and an addict in recovery as long as I live. It's an ongoing struggle, a daily thing."
However, McLean insists Ava has given his life new meaning and he is determined to kick his habits once and for all - for the sake of his little girl and his wife.
He says, "(I've been) trying to be a good husband and a good father and deal with life on life's terms. There is a lot going on. It's been overwhelming. "I can't stress how much my daughter is an inspiration to stay sober. When I come home and she opens those big blue eyes at me, it's the most amazing feeling I could ever feel. I'm not looking for sympathy. It's a constant struggle, and it's not as easy as you think."
- Fashion Offenders for June 14, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for June 6, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 31, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 24, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for May 17, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 10, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 3, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for April 26, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for April 19, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for April 12, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for April 5, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for March 29, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 22, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 15, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 8, 2013
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Ashley Greene reveals a painful wound from a wild Bali vacation on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
From David Beckham to Ben Affleck, check out Hollywood's hottest dads.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite