New Trial Requested in Hudson Family Killings
- Photo: PN2/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Hugh Dillon/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Miguel Aguilar/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: JMF/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks13 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: PN2/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Maker Studios Hit With $19 Million Lawsuit by Former ShowrunnerMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 12:10:00 PM
- Disney Files Patents for Use of Theme Park DronesMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 12:07:00 PM
- 'Wonder Woman' Lynda Carter on Guest Judging 'Skin Wars': RuPaulMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 11:49:00 AM
- 'Party Down' on Hulu: Site Acquires Streaming Rights to Starz SeriesMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 11:33:00 AM
- Academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs to Become Filmmaker-in-Residence at Chapman UniversityMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 11:27:00 AM
- Maker Studios Hit With $19 Million Lawsuit by Former Showrunner
The Associated Press
CHICAGO (AP) — A judge in Chicago says he'll decide next month on the request for a new trial for the man convicted of killing three members of Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson's family.
Judge Charles Burns on Friday set a July 24 date to rule on the request from William Balfour's attorneys. Cook County prosecutors and defense attorneys are expected to argue the motion that day. If the judge lets Balfour's conviction stand, sentencing is expected to follow.
Hudson's mother, brother and 7-year-old nephew were killed in October 2008.
Balfour was married to Hudson's sister, and prosecutors contend he shot the family members in a jealous rage because she was dating another man. A jury convicted him last month of first-degree murder and other charges.
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite