- Photo: Matt Symons/Pacific Coast News1 of 10
- Photo: WENN2 of 10
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN3 of 10
- Photo: SAF/ZOJ/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 10
- Photo: AB1/WENN6 of 10
- Photo: RG4/http://www.wenn.com/7 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Kane/WireImage.com8 of 10
- Photo: Matt Symons/Anthony/Pacific Coast News9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Exclusive: Franklin & Bash's Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Breckin Meyer Heading to ATX FMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 10:53:00 AM
- James Franco Calls New York Times Theater Critic a 'Little Bitch' Over 'OMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 10:51:00 AM
- Netflix, Snapchat, 'Veronica Mars' Win Producers Guild AwardsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 10:30:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Survivor' Hits Low, But Still Tops NightMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 9:25:00 AM
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Sexual Assault Allegations: Read the Full LawsuitMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 9:06:00 AM
- Exclusive: Franklin & Bash's Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Breckin Meyer Heading to ATX F
By Kat Giantis
Oh noes! It's a tween-tastrophe! Looks like the purity ring-encircled puppy love between Nick Jonas and Selena Gomez has been swatted with the proverbial newspaper. Again.
People magazine reports the sometime squeezes, who in recent months were seen looking adorable on a park bench in Chicago and making hand-to-hand contact in Los Angeles, have parted ways for the second time.
"They were an item, but they are no longer together," a source says of the squeaky-clean twosome, who first began dating in late 2008 (after Nick split with Miley Cyrus) before calling it quits in early 2009.
The breakup apparently happened early last month and was caused by the pair's busy work schedules: The starlet, 17, who is about to launch a clothing line at Kmart, is currently promoting her "Kiss & Tell" album in Europe, where she'll soon begin shooting the movie "Monte Carlo," while the popster, also 17, is said to gearing up to hit the road with his brothers.
At least Jonas will always have something to remember Gomez by. In February, she reportedly picked out a pocket watch for him that she had engraved with the words, "Check the time ... I love you right now." She also had a line of poetry added to the gift box: "I love you, not only for what you are, but for what I am with you."
While Nick and Selena may no longer be Disney's poster couple for G-rated wholesomeness, "It's evident to everyone that they will always have a super strong connection," opines People's insider, who adds, "It's never fun to go through a breakup, but Selena has a lot of friends she's leaning on for support."
Among those pals: Cameron Quiseng from the boy band AllStar Weekend, who was spotted sharing a friendly hug with Gomez on March 16 after she beat him at bowling.
A week later, they returned to the lanes for a game with Selena's pal, Taylor Swift (both, as you surely know, have spent time in the buff company of Taylor Lautner), and "Glee" star Cory Monteith.
Gomez, whose official Web site just happened to launch on the same day word of the bust-up broke, apparently decided after her first split with Nick that she would never again make herself over for a boy.
"I lost myself for a second," she admitted to M magazine in an interview conducted shortly before their reunion. "I had friends and family tell me I had changed, but I didn't see it -- until I was broken up with."
Read more Hot Gossip
From Crowd Ignite