Nick Cannon: Radio Stunt Was a Joke; 'I Really Love Dogs!'
- Photo: MIKE DISCIULLO/Bauer-Griffin1 of 23
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN2 of 23
- Photo: HRC/WENN3 of 23
- Photo: ALBERT MICHAEL/StarTraks4 of 23
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 23
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com6 of 23
- Photo: PS3/http://www.wenn.com/7 of 23
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com8 of 23
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP9 of 23
- Photo: Fame Pictures10 of 23
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com11 of 23
- Photo: Fresh Air Fund/WireImage12 of 23
- Photo: Donna Svennevik/Invision/AP13 of 23
- Photo: Donna Svennevik/Invision/AP14 of 23
- Photo: ABC/Reuters15 of 23
- Photo: Splash News16 of 23
- Photo: AB1/WENN17 of 23
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP18 of 23
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage19 of 23
- Photo: Carrie Devorah/WENN20 of 23
- Photo: WENN21 of 23
- Photo: Splash News22 of 23
More Celeb News
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:16 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:40:15 AM
- 'Transcendence' Review: Johnny Depp Is a Ghost in the Machine in This Bug-Riddled MSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 9:01:00 PM
- Bad Bangs: The Making of Billy Bob Thornton's Demented Fargo LookMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 8:46:00 PM
- 'Roswell' Stars to Reunite at ATX Television FestivalMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 7:20:00 PM
- 'Heaven Is for Real' Review: Even Skeptics Can Find This Tale Humane and Even-HandMSNEntertainment 4/15/2014 7:05:00 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:16 a.m. EDT
In a stunt for 92.3's Rollin' Radio program, Nick Cannon pretended to attach approximately 50 balloons to co-host Sarah Lee's Pomeranian, Charlie Roo, on Thursday. Shortly after the incident, Cannon claimed that Charlie Roo had flown away and was missing.
Thankfully, Cannon's stunt was a hoax. Although Rollin' Radio's website said the prank went "a little too far" and pleaded to fans to "help find" Charlie Roo, Cannon released a video explaining that Lee's puppy was perfectly fine.
"I won a bet with Sarah Lee, and I'm about to play the meanest joke on her ever," Cannon, 31, explained in a clip shot prior to the incident. "This whole time I've been acting like I don't like dogs, but I really love dogs. I'm a dog person… But I'm pretending that I want to float Charlie Roo with balloons!"
"I'm not really gonna float a dog," Mariah Carey's hubby clarified. "I'm gonna float a stuffed animal that looks just like Charlie Roo. If you happen to find the fake Charlie Roo, attached to it, there'll be some Katy Perry tickets."
Cannon then tied a small stuffed animal in a pink coat to approximately 50 balloons and videotaped the incident. He then went along with the joke on Twitter, telling fans: "I think I might be getting fired. Radio gone seriously wrong… People are acting like I'm [Michael] Vick. I apologize. Now get over it."
Fortunately the real Charlie Roo was put in "a nice, safe place," while the look-alike stuffed animal was flown away. Even before Cannon released a video confirming the incident was a joke and no dogs were endangered, PETA suspected the "America's Got Talent" host was kidding around.
"If bad taste were a crime, we'd be going to jail with Nick," the animal rights organization said in a statement. "But joking about killing a dog, a kid, an old person -- anyone -- isn't cool when there's always the danger that some numbskull will do it for real."
"Had it been true, Nick would have PETA to worry about," the statement continued. "And that's far worse than going to Rikers Island [prison]."
Cannon's rep told Us he will address the situation on 92.3's Rollin' on Friday.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
MTV Red Carpet
Get a front-row seat to the 2014 MTV Movie Awards with Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon debuts his latest hairstyle -- a skunk-colored ‘do -- on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite