Nick Carter Skips Sister Leslie Carter's Funeral for Scheduled Concert
- Photo: WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN2 of 13
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: NT1/http://www.wenn.com/4 of 13
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Richard Drew/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: PN2/WENN7 of 13
- Photo: New Kids on the Block/.8 of 13
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: Larry Busacca/Retna Ltd.10 of 13
- Photo: Retna Ltd.11 of 13
- Photo: Larry Busacca/Retna Ltd.12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Die Hard Star James Shigeta Dies at 81MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:49:00 AM
- Earnings: New York Times Co. Profit Down 21% in Q2MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:43:00 AM
- VIDEO: Check Out a Clip from The Killing Season 4MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:14:00 AM
- Mark Ballas and Derek Hough Try Flipping Houses in 'Mark & Derek's ExcelleMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 10:00:00 PM
- Judge Approves Los Angeles Clippers Sale to Steve Ballmer, Regardless of AppealMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:50:00 PM
- Die Hard Star James Shigeta Dies at 81
The show must go on.
Leslie Carter's loved ones gathered at Freay Funeral Home Mayville, N.Y. and the Chautauqua County Cemetery where she was laid to rest on Sunday, but one family member who was not there to pay his respects was her older brother, Nick Carter.
The Backstreet Boys singer, who's in the middle of his multi-city solo tour, honored his previously booked engagement at the iHeart Performance Studio in Bala Cynwyd, PA Sunday evening instead of heading to his sister's services taking place seven hours away.
This is Nick's third performance since Leslie passed away from a drug overdose on Feb. 1 at the age of 25.
On Monday, the 32-year-old addressed his absence from his sister's services, telling TMZ, "I wanted to be at my sister's funeral, but my family has always had a complicated dynamic. There are so many emotions for me surrounding the loss of my sister. I am trying to stay healthy, positive, and focused."
Sources close to TMZ say that Nick feels his family went out of their way to make sure that he was not included.
On the day of his sister's death, a statement was released on his website, nickcarter.net, which read: "Nick Carter is thankful to the many people and the fans who have shared their wishes and prayers during this tragic time. We want to let the fans know the tour will go on as promised," with Nick adding "Performing is cathartic to me and I am dedicating the rest of my tour to my sister since she loved to watch me perform."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite