Nick Carter Skips Sister Leslie Carter's Funeral for Scheduled Concert
- Photo: WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN2 of 13
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: NT1/http://www.wenn.com/4 of 13
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Richard Drew/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: PN2/WENN7 of 13
- Photo: New Kids on the Block/.8 of 13
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: Larry Busacca/Retna Ltd.10 of 13
- Photo: Retna Ltd.11 of 13
- Photo: Larry Busacca/Retna Ltd.12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Jerry Seinfeld's 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee' Season 3 Re-CaffeinatMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 11:55:47 AM
- 'Duck Dynasty' Christmas Special Hauls in 8.9 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 11:45:15 AM
- Golden Globes and SAG Shutouts: 6 Actors That Shouldn't Give Up Hope YetMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 11:30:05 AM
- Country star Ray Price leaves hospital for hospiceMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 11:23:11 AM
- CBS's 'Survivor' Renewed for Two More EditionsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 11:08:54 AM
- Jerry Seinfeld's 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee' Season 3 Re-Caffeinat
The show must go on.
Leslie Carter's loved ones gathered at Freay Funeral Home Mayville, N.Y. and the Chautauqua County Cemetery where she was laid to rest on Sunday, but one family member who was not there to pay his respects was her older brother, Nick Carter.
The Backstreet Boys singer, who's in the middle of his multi-city solo tour, honored his previously booked engagement at the iHeart Performance Studio in Bala Cynwyd, PA Sunday evening instead of heading to his sister's services taking place seven hours away.
This is Nick's third performance since Leslie passed away from a drug overdose on Feb. 1 at the age of 25.
On Monday, the 32-year-old addressed his absence from his sister's services, telling TMZ, "I wanted to be at my sister's funeral, but my family has always had a complicated dynamic. There are so many emotions for me surrounding the loss of my sister. I am trying to stay healthy, positive, and focused."
Sources close to TMZ say that Nick feels his family went out of their way to make sure that he was not included.
On the day of his sister's death, a statement was released on his website, nickcarter.net, which read: "Nick Carter is thankful to the many people and the fans who have shared their wishes and prayers during this tragic time. We want to let the fans know the tour will go on as promised," with Nick adding "Performing is cathartic to me and I am dedicating the rest of my tour to my sister since she loved to watch me perform."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite