Nick Jonas tells CNN: "I would like to be president."Related: Jonas Brothers, Nick Jonas
- Photo: Gerald Herbert/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Patsy Lynch/Retna Ltd.2 of 6
- Photo: RD / Dziekan/Retna Digital3 of 6
- Photo: JKing/Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: Alastair Grant/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs Rights to Francois Ozon's 'Young & BeautifulMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 4:01:48 PM
- Brad Pitt Names Jeremy Kleiner Co-President of Plan B EntertainmentMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 3:15:58 PM
- E!'s 'The Wanted Life' Preview: Scooter Braun Stages an Intervention (VidMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 2:55:28 PM
- David Janollari Signs 3-Year Development Deal With NBCMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 2:42:27 PM
- Jennifer Aniston Stages Mini 'Friends' Reunion for 'Ellen'MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 1:59:12 PM
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs Rights to Francois Ozon's 'Young & Beautiful
By Melissa Hunter
Move over Obama. Sorry 'bout it, Palin. We got a hot, young presidential candidate that would wipe the floor with any contender: Nick Jonas. Well, that is, once his millions of fans are old enough to vote.
The Daily Fill reports that the youngest Jonas, who recently spoke to Congress regarding juvenile diabetes, appeared on CNN's "The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer" and talked about his goal to raise awareness of the disease as well as his political aspirations.
CNN White House Correspondent Suzanne Malveaux asked Nick why he was on the show and he said, "I'm here to basically raise awareness and encourage people to continue to do what they can to raise awareness as well in their own circle and on a broader scale ... we're hoping for a cure one day, and that's what the main goal is."
Malveaux asked what his thoughts were on the current health care debate, and he said, "I have been watching a little bit, but I choose to stay out of that and keep my opinion on that kind of thing to myself."
Well played, Little Jo. Question averted like a true politician. Or a true Disney-programmed star. I think he had the same response to the question, "What do you think of the latest season of Hannah Montana? Don't you think Miley's so hot?"
Malveaux then got right down to the question at hand, "You're the youngest of [your brothers], but they call you 'the president' because they say you are the leader. Political future, perhaps, for you?"
He replied, "I've always said that I would like to be president -- it's kind of my whole thing. Maybe 2040 ... starting the campaign now."
While there are many a joke to be made about a boy band phenom saying he wants to be president, I'm not gonna lie, I think the kid's got a good shot at it. At 16, he's already internationally known and loved; he's innocent and precious as all hell, I mean heaven. And the way he already is artful in crafting his statements and speaks eloquently about good causes, imagine what he can do when he grows chest hair!
And if Arnold could be the Governator, who's to say that Nick Jonas can't be the Presidorable in Chief? OK, maybe not the best nickname, but surely his marketing team can craft a better tag line. They do have 30 years to get things moving, after all. There is one little hitch that may get in his way: First Lady Miley.
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite