Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo will raise son Camden in Ohio
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com1 of 6
- Photo: Vanessa Lachey/Twitter2 of 6
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: James Dupri/.4 of 6
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN5 of 6
More Celeb News
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit ExpansionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 4:25:00 PM
- New Star Wars Film Resumes Production After Harrison Ford InjuryMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 3:44:00 PM
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit Expansion
See ya, Hollywood! Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo are planning to raise their 7-month-old son Camden in the 98 Degrees singer's hometown of Cincinnati, Ohio. Lachey, 39, explained that the big move will happen within a few years when he appeared on Access Hollywood Live Apr. 18.
"I loved growing up in Cincinnati where I'm from. My brother's there, his kids are there, my parents are there. I really value the effect that family has on child growing up. I want Camden and other future kids we have to be around their cousins and their grandparents. That's a very important part of growing up," Lachey said. "I want to try to give him the most normal childhood he can have."
Minnillo, 32, is on board with Lachey's desire to return to the Midwest. "She's cool with Ohio," the pop star said. "We have a place there now and we spend quite a bit of time there when we can, and she also values family and what bringing up our kids there means."
The "Give Me Just One Night (Una Noche)" singer will be packing his bags sooner than later, however, as 98 Degrees is touring with New Kids on the Block and Boys II Men this summer. "He's gonna come on the road," Lachey said of traveling with his son.
The doting dad added fatherhood has been "overwhelming, but all in a good way." Since Camden's September 2012 birth, the first-time parents have been relying on each other for support, he added.
"We actually don't have a nanny yet, so between her work schedule and my work schedule it's kind of like, 'All right, what do you got today? Can you watch him here?'" Lachey said of parenting with "Wipeout" co-host Minnillo. "You have to kind of schedule time to do stuff."
He continued, "As things are getting busier, now it's like, 'Okay, we've gotta have somebody help us out.' But we really wanted to be as hands-on as we could, especially early on. . . You don't want to look back and say, 'I didn't get the full experience.' The first trip we take away from the baby, I can't imagine what that's gonna be like. We're going to be excited to get away, but at the same time, it's gonna be like, 'Man . . a week away?'"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite