Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo will raise son Camden in Ohio
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com1 of 6
- Photo: Vanessa Lachey/Twitter2 of 6
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: James Dupri/.4 of 6
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&aposMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:24:00 PM
- 8 Things That Will and 2 Things That (Probably) Won't Happen on Big Bang Theory Season 8MSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 2:19:00 PM
- Leonardo DiCaprio Adds Star Power to People's Climate March in New YorkMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Crosses $250 Million at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:05:00 PM
- Lauryn Hill Slammed on Twitter for 'Utter Shi-' Performance and 90 Minute Late ArrMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:38:00 AM
- Meagan Good Rips Fans for Reposting Her Leaked Nude Photos: 'You Should Be Ashamed&apos
See ya, Hollywood! Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo are planning to raise their 7-month-old son Camden in the 98 Degrees singer's hometown of Cincinnati, Ohio. Lachey, 39, explained that the big move will happen within a few years when he appeared on Access Hollywood Live Apr. 18.
"I loved growing up in Cincinnati where I'm from. My brother's there, his kids are there, my parents are there. I really value the effect that family has on child growing up. I want Camden and other future kids we have to be around their cousins and their grandparents. That's a very important part of growing up," Lachey said. "I want to try to give him the most normal childhood he can have."
Minnillo, 32, is on board with Lachey's desire to return to the Midwest. "She's cool with Ohio," the pop star said. "We have a place there now and we spend quite a bit of time there when we can, and she also values family and what bringing up our kids there means."
The "Give Me Just One Night (Una Noche)" singer will be packing his bags sooner than later, however, as 98 Degrees is touring with New Kids on the Block and Boys II Men this summer. "He's gonna come on the road," Lachey said of traveling with his son.
The doting dad added fatherhood has been "overwhelming, but all in a good way." Since Camden's September 2012 birth, the first-time parents have been relying on each other for support, he added.
"We actually don't have a nanny yet, so between her work schedule and my work schedule it's kind of like, 'All right, what do you got today? Can you watch him here?'" Lachey said of parenting with "Wipeout" co-host Minnillo. "You have to kind of schedule time to do stuff."
He continued, "As things are getting busier, now it's like, 'Okay, we've gotta have somebody help us out.' But we really wanted to be as hands-on as we could, especially early on. . . You don't want to look back and say, 'I didn't get the full experience.' The first trip we take away from the baby, I can't imagine what that's gonna be like. We're going to be excited to get away, but at the same time, it's gonna be like, 'Man . . a week away?'"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Take a peek at Jessica Simpson’s kissy Instagram feed on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBeautiful Family
From Crowd Ignite