Nicki Minaj blasts Perez Hilton for fan murder story
- Photo: NWA/ZJE/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: RM7/ZJE/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Zeus/Apollo/Fame Flynet3 of 16
- Photo: Will Alexander/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: © Scott Weiner / Retna Ltd./Retna Ltd.6 of 16
- Photo: JLJ/ZOJ/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Jinphotography/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Andres Ontero/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: HD1/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: PN2/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: @NickiMinaj/Twitter12 of 16
- Photo: Masatoshi Okauchi/StarTraks13 of 16
- Photo: Michael Thompson/Allure14 of 16
- Photo: Michael Thompson/Allure15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'The Money Shot' Theater Review: Neil LaBute Delivers a Poison-Pen Note to HollywoMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 5:00:00 PM
- 'NCIS' Drafts MTV's 'Awkward' Star Nikki DeLoach (ExcluMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:59:00 PM
- OK! Magazine Dumps Digital Team, Launches Search for New Staff (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:58:00 PM
- The Wire Shutting Down and Being Folded Into Atlantic Flagship SiteMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Dallas' Cast Rallies Fans to Watch Season Finale as TNT Mulls RenewalMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:07:00 PM
- 'The Money Shot' Theater Review: Neil LaBute Delivers a Poison-Pen Note to Hollywo
Rapper Nicki Minaj has lashed out at celebrity blogger Perez Hilton for publishing a "misleading" report online, which suggested that one of her back-up dancers had been arrested for the murder of a fan in Japan.
Irish student Nicola Furlong was found dead in her Tokyo hotel room on May 25, just hours after she had watched the "Super Bass" hitmaker perform live the previous evening.
Police have taken two American males into custody in connection with Furlong's death, and on Thursday Minaj paid tribute to the fan on Twitter.
But the hip-hop star was furious when she read an article on PerezHilton.com under the headline, "Nicki Minaj's backup dancer arrested as suspect in murder case!," accompanied with side-by-side photos of the rapper and the alleged dancer Hilton linked to the crime, James Blackston.
Minaj has slammed the allegations, insisting no one in her entourage has been questioned or arrested over the incident. The star has also taken aim at Hilton for wrongly identifying the man in the picture as her dancer.
In a series of angry Twitter posts directed at Hilton, she writes, "my dancers had nothing to do w/ this tragedy. No one in my entourage was questioned or arrested. They all flew home from Japan."
"That person on your sight (sic) is NOT my dancer. We do NOT know the men in custody. Too much misleading information."
The original Perez Hilton article has since been removed from the website, but new post later appeared which reads, "Sounds to us then like these monsters may have lied about being associated with Her Minajesty just to lure these poor girls in."
According to Irish Central, Tokyo police released the following statement about the incident: "These two men allegedly took advantage of a female unable to resist due to the fact she was in a comatose state from a highly alcoholic beverage.... As that is an indecent act, they have been charged with quasi forcible indecency." In Japan, "quasi forcible indecency" is sexual assault.
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Sexy TV Stars
From Sofia Vergara to Justin Theroux, check out the rest of TV's hottest stars.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop inside Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore's fight and much more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite