Nicki Minaj Once Contemplated Suicide
- Photo: Cosmopolitan/Promotional1 of 26
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 26
- Photo: WENN3 of 26
- Photo: RWO/WENN4 of 26
- Photo: Jeff Bottari/Invision/AP5 of 26
- Photo: BILL DAVILA/StarTraks6 of 26
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com7 of 26
- Photo: JE1/WENN8 of 26
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News9 of 26
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP10 of 26
- Photo: Rob Hoffman/DTR/Promotional11 of 26
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com12 of 26
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN13 of 26
- Photo: WENN14 of 26
- Photo: Rich Alan/WENN15 of 26
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com16 of 26
- Photo: Hollywood Press/StarTraks17 of 26
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com18 of 26
- Photo: Invision/AP19 of 26
- Photo: Invision/AP20 of 26
- Photo: WENN21 of 26
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP22 of 26
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News23 of 26
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP24 of 26
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com25 of 26
More Celeb News
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/13/2013 3:53:18 AM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. EST
Nicki Minaj is arguably the biggest female in hip-hop, but the 28-year-old admits that just a few years ago, she felt completely worthless.
"I kept having doors slammed in my face," Minaj tells the November issue of Cosmopolitan. "I felt like nothing was working. I had moved out on my own, and here I was thinking I'd have to go home."
Things got so bleak that Minaj contemplated suicide.
"It was just one dead end after another. At one point, I was, like, 'What would happen if I just didn't wake up?' That's how I felt. Like, 'Maybe I should just take my life?'"
With her dark days now behind her, Minaj (real name: Onika Tanya Maraj) predicts her star will only become brighter with time.
"I will have put out five albums and will have an Oscar and Grammys," she says. "And I will be getting married and, a couple of years after that, will have a bun in the oven. My whole life is about being Nicki Minaj now. It's a never-ending saga."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Kristen Stewart, Paula Abdul, and Kim Kardashian all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
Find out why Lena Dunham, Jaden Smith, and Rihanna need fashion resolutions for 2014.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite