Nicki Minaj Once Contemplated Suicide
- Photo: Cosmopolitan/Promotional1 of 26
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 26
- Photo: WENN3 of 26
- Photo: RWO/WENN4 of 26
- Photo: Jeff Bottari/Invision/AP5 of 26
- Photo: BILL DAVILA/StarTraks6 of 26
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com7 of 26
- Photo: JE1/WENN8 of 26
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News9 of 26
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP10 of 26
- Photo: Rob Hoffman/DTR/Promotional11 of 26
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com12 of 26
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN13 of 26
- Photo: WENN14 of 26
- Photo: Rich Alan/WENN15 of 26
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com16 of 26
- Photo: Hollywood Press/StarTraks17 of 26
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com18 of 26
- Photo: Invision/AP19 of 26
- Photo: Invision/AP20 of 26
- Photo: WENN21 of 26
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP22 of 26
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News23 of 26
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP24 of 26
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com25 of 26
More Celeb News
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier diesMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:54:34 AM
- Jonathan Demme selling vast art collection in Pa.MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:51:16 AM
- Lena Dunham Jokes About 'Girls' Nudity in 'SNL' MonologueMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler Has Surprise Beach WeddingMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:28:00 PM
- Science Channel Greenlights Craig Ferguson Series 'I F-ing Love Science'MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:10:00 PM
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier dies
Nicki Minaj is arguably the biggest female in hip-hop, but the 28-year-old admits that just a few years ago, she felt completely worthless.
"I kept having doors slammed in my face," Minaj tells the November issue of Cosmopolitan. "I felt like nothing was working. I had moved out on my own, and here I was thinking I'd have to go home."
Things got so bleak that Minaj contemplated suicide.
"It was just one dead end after another. At one point, I was, like, 'What would happen if I just didn't wake up?' That's how I felt. Like, 'Maybe I should just take my life?'"
With her dark days now behind her, Minaj (real name: Onika Tanya Maraj) predicts her star will only become brighter with time.
"I will have put out five albums and will have an Oscar and Grammys," she says. "And I will be getting married and, a couple of years after that, will have a bun in the oven. My whole life is about being Nicki Minaj now. It's a never-ending saga."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Hank Azaria talks about his new documentary series "Fatherhood," his family and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite