Nicki Minaj Once Contemplated Suicide
- Photo: Cosmopolitan/Promotional1 of 26
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 26
- Photo: WENN3 of 26
- Photo: RWO/WENN4 of 26
- Photo: Jeff Bottari/Invision/AP5 of 26
- Photo: BILL DAVILA/StarTraks6 of 26
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com7 of 26
- Photo: JE1/WENN8 of 26
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News9 of 26
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP10 of 26
- Photo: Rob Hoffman/DTR/Promotional11 of 26
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com12 of 26
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN13 of 26
- Photo: WENN14 of 26
- Photo: Rich Alan/WENN15 of 26
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com16 of 26
- Photo: Hollywood Press/StarTraks17 of 26
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com18 of 26
- Photo: Invision/AP19 of 26
- Photo: Invision/AP20 of 26
- Photo: WENN21 of 26
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP22 of 26
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News23 of 26
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP24 of 26
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com25 of 26
More Celeb News
- Sandra Bullock in Talks to Star in George Clooney-Produced 'Our Brand Is Crisis' (MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 12:48:06 PM
- Tom Cruise Has a Painful 'Groundhog Day' in 'Edge of Tomorrow' TMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 12:24:59 PM
- 'Doctor Who' Christmas Special Trailer: Matt Smith's Goodbye (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 12:15:13 PM
- ABC Family Names Tom Ascheim as PresidentMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 12:13:56 PM
- SAG Awards Reactions: Sandra Bullock, Julia Roberts, Matthew McConaughey Are All Grateful!MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 12:09:00 PM
- Sandra Bullock in Talks to Star in George Clooney-Produced 'Our Brand Is Crisis' (
Nicki Minaj is arguably the biggest female in hip-hop, but the 28-year-old admits that just a few years ago, she felt completely worthless.
"I kept having doors slammed in my face," Minaj tells the November issue of Cosmopolitan. "I felt like nothing was working. I had moved out on my own, and here I was thinking I'd have to go home."
Things got so bleak that Minaj contemplated suicide.
"It was just one dead end after another. At one point, I was, like, 'What would happen if I just didn't wake up?' That's how I felt. Like, 'Maybe I should just take my life?'"
With her dark days now behind her, Minaj (real name: Onika Tanya Maraj) predicts her star will only become brighter with time.
"I will have put out five albums and will have an Oscar and Grammys," she says. "And I will be getting married and, a couple of years after that, will have a bun in the oven. My whole life is about being Nicki Minaj now. It's a never-ending saga."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Chris Daughtry dishes on his major body transformation, keeping chickens, making his marriage work and more!Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Alessandra Ambrosio talks to Wonderwall about getting fit for the VS Fashion Show, her thoughts about Kate Upton, and more.Watch Video »
Tia Mowry-Hardrict chats motherhood, surviving child stardom, parenting advice for Duchess Kate and more with Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Rocknroll
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite