Nicki Minaj Once Contemplated Suicide
- Photo: Cosmopolitan/Promotional1 of 26
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 26
- Photo: WENN3 of 26
- Photo: RWO/WENN4 of 26
- Photo: Jeff Bottari/Invision/AP5 of 26
- Photo: BILL DAVILA/StarTraks6 of 26
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com7 of 26
- Photo: JE1/WENN8 of 26
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News9 of 26
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP10 of 26
- Photo: Rob Hoffman/DTR/Promotional11 of 26
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com12 of 26
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN13 of 26
- Photo: WENN14 of 26
- Photo: Rich Alan/WENN15 of 26
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com16 of 26
- Photo: Hollywood Press/StarTraks17 of 26
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com18 of 26
- Photo: Invision/AP19 of 26
- Photo: Invision/AP20 of 26
- Photo: WENN21 of 26
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP22 of 26
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News23 of 26
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP24 of 26
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com25 of 26
More Celeb News
- Review: 'Veronica' a solid cinematic turnMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 8:22:59 AM
- Belgian jazz musician Thielemans retires at 91MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 8:13:21 AM
- Dogs 'muttbomb' celebrities to boost adoptionsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 7:55:32 AM
- Book of Oprah Winfrey columns to be published in fallMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 7:06:17 AM
- Hogan's Heroes Star Cynthia Lynn Dies at 76MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 6:39:00 AM
- Review: 'Veronica' a solid cinematic turn
Nicki Minaj is arguably the biggest female in hip-hop, but the 28-year-old admits that just a few years ago, she felt completely worthless.
"I kept having doors slammed in my face," Minaj tells the November issue of Cosmopolitan. "I felt like nothing was working. I had moved out on my own, and here I was thinking I'd have to go home."
Things got so bleak that Minaj contemplated suicide.
"It was just one dead end after another. At one point, I was, like, 'What would happen if I just didn't wake up?' That's how I felt. Like, 'Maybe I should just take my life?'"
With her dark days now behind her, Minaj (real name: Onika Tanya Maraj) predicts her star will only become brighter with time.
"I will have put out five albums and will have an Oscar and Grammys," she says. "And I will be getting married and, a couple of years after that, will have a bun in the oven. My whole life is about being Nicki Minaj now. It's a never-ending saga."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
From the Atkins Diet to aerial fitness classes, see what stars like Kim Kardashian, Jessica Alba and Beyonce do to keep in shape.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite