Obama, Shakira meet at White House
- Photo: LEFTERIS PITARAKIS/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Larry Marano/Retna Ltd.2 of 9
- Photo: A-way!/Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: Pablo Martinez Monsivais/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Juan Rico/Fame Pictures5 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Patsy Lynch/Retna Ltd.7 of 9
- Photo: Dennis Van Tine/Retna Ltd.8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Dimension Unleashing James Wan's 'Demonic' in Theaters This DecemberMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:16:00 AM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Premiere Generates 263,000 More Tweets Than OriginalMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:07:00 AM
- CBS Television Studios Names Two New Drama Development ExecsMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:00:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 12:52 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 9:52:52 AM
- Toronto mayor Ford orders 5 espressos in videoMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 9:49:12 AM
- Dimension Unleashing James Wan's 'Demonic' in Theaters This December
WASHINGTON (AP) --
President Barack Obama and pop superstar Shakira are talking about U.S. policy toward children at the White House.
Obama and the Colombian entertainer met briefly after she had meetings with staff from the National Security Council and the Domestic Policy Council to talk about early childhood development. A White House official, speaking only on the condition of anonymity because the meeting was not on the president's public schedule, says Shakira stopped by to say hello to Obama when the meetings ended.
Shakira is a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador and has been an advocate for children in poverty.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSad News
From Crowd Ignite