One Direction's Zayn Malik Briefly Quit Twitter Over Terrorist Taunts
- Photo: JCH/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN2 of 6
- Photo: JRAA/ZDS/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: AB5/WENN4 of 6
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 5:56:00 AM
- Cate Blanchett Was Right: Women Making Little-to-No Progress in Landing Major Movie RolesMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:01:00 AM
- President Obama to Appear on Zach Galifianakis' 'Between Two Ferns'MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Oscar Winner '12 Years a Slave' Spikes 75% at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:59:00 PM
- Trophy Wife's Wedding Spectacular Promises Flashbacks and The MuppetsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:29:00 PM
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%
One Direction member Zayn Malik temporarily quit Twitter last month after he was falsely accused of supporting terrorism.
The pop star deleted his account on Aug. 21 after receiving abuse from some of his followers, although he reactivated his page on the microblogging site two days later.
Malik has now opened up about his decision to quite Twitter, admitting that taunts about his Muslim faith upset him.
He tells Britain's Fabulous magazine, "You can say whatever you want about me; I'm not really bothered. But when it starts to upset people I care about or I hear about it from my mum, then that's a problem. Nasty things (were said) like I'm a terrorist, and this and that. How can you justify that? How can you call me that and get away with it?"
He continued, "My little cousin put up a family picture at Eid because she got a photo with Perrie [British singer Perrie Edwards] and she was so happy about it. But then everybody just gave it to me double-barrel. We live in 2012 and I thought we'd moved forward. If that was said to me on the street or if someone said it to me to my face or whatever, then something could be done about it."
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite