Bret Michaels, Cyndi Lauper named celebrity monarchs for Mardi Gras season
- Photo: © Scott Harrison/Retna Ltd.1 of 10
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: Johnny Louis/WENN3 of 10
- Photo: Ethan Miller/GettyImages.com4 of 10
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN5 of 10
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 10
- Photo: Matt Slocum/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: Patrick Semansky/Invision/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- Rocker Bret Michaels and Grammy-winning singer Cyndi Lauper are among the celebrities heading to New Orleans for Carnival 2012.
RELATED: Mardi Gras Kings and Queens
Orpheus parade organizers named the pair as their celebrity monarchs Wednesday.
Mardi Gras is Feb. 21, but Orpheus is among the dozens of parade krewes rolling before Fat Tuesday.
RELATED: '80s Rockers: Where Are They Now?
Orpheus was founded in 1993 by actor and crooner Harry Connick Jr., who is from New Orleans. The star-studded parade is scheduled to roll the Monday night before Mardi Gras.
For last year's Mardi Gras, the stars of the HBO television series "Treme" led the Orpheus parade.
Past Orpheus monarchs have included Whoopi Goldberg, Sandra Bullock, Stevie Wonder, Quincy Jones, Laurence Fishburne, Dan Aykroyd and James Brown.
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite