Bret Michaels, Cyndi Lauper named celebrity monarchs for Mardi Gras season
- Photo: © Scott Harrison/Retna Ltd.1 of 10
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: Johnny Louis/WENN3 of 10
- Photo: Ethan Miller/GettyImages.com4 of 10
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN5 of 10
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 10
- Photo: Matt Slocum/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: Patrick Semansky/Invision/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Ratings: 'Amazing Race' Finale Drops to Record Low of SeriesMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:34:51 AM
- Apple, Google and Facebook Call for More Controls on Government SurveillanceMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:30:47 AM
- 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Scores IMAX ReleaseMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:14:40 AM
- Kennedy Center Honors Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine, Carlos SantanaMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:13:20 AM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Is Alive and Relatively Well in 'Sherlock' Season 3 InteractiMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:11:08 AM
- Ratings: 'Amazing Race' Finale Drops to Record Low of Series
NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- Rocker Bret Michaels and Grammy-winning singer Cyndi Lauper are among the celebrities heading to New Orleans for Carnival 2012.
RELATED: Mardi Gras Kings and Queens
Orpheus parade organizers named the pair as their celebrity monarchs Wednesday.
Mardi Gras is Feb. 21, but Orpheus is among the dozens of parade krewes rolling before Fat Tuesday.
RELATED: '80s Rockers: Where Are They Now?
Orpheus was founded in 1993 by actor and crooner Harry Connick Jr., who is from New Orleans. The star-studded parade is scheduled to roll the Monday night before Mardi Gras.
For last year's Mardi Gras, the stars of the HBO television series "Treme" led the Orpheus parade.
Past Orpheus monarchs have included Whoopi Goldberg, Sandra Bullock, Stevie Wonder, Quincy Jones, Laurence Fishburne, Dan Aykroyd and James Brown.
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite