Brad Paisley to hang with Keith Urban after vocal surgery
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage.com3 of 10
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/GettyImages.com4 of 10
- Photo: People.com/Promotional5 of 10
- Photo: Splash News6 of 10
- Photo: Mark Humphrey/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: Brian Hineline/Retna Digital8 of 10
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Anne Sweeney Exits Disney: TheWrap Picks Potential ReplacementsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:05:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Says She May Quit Acting After Girls EndsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:02:00 PM
- Game of Thrones Star Kristian Nairn Comes Out as GayMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:01:00 PM
- What Happened When the Cameras Went Off? Bachelor's Chris Harrison Spills on the Tense FinaMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 1:47:00 PM
- Jon Klein on His New Online Venture: 'We've Created the Company That I Feared WoulMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Anne Sweeney Exits Disney: TheWrap Picks Potential Replacements
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- No one has spoken to Keith Urban since his surgery last week to remove a polyp on his vocal cord.
RELATED: Country Crooners: Who Said it?
That's because the country star is on complete vocal rest for the next couple of weeks.
Good friend Brad Paisley has checked in with Urban, and they have plans to hang out while Urban recovers.
"We're big guitar junkies, and we wanted to get together and maybe go through some amplifiers and go through some gear," said Paisley before the CMT Artists of the Year taping on Tuesday in Nashville. "I told him, 'Let's do that. You don't have to talk. We'll get together. We'll play guitar, set up some amps, go through some tubes, try some stuff out and tweak.' I'll do all the talking, which I am very capable of. He can just nod and grunt and do whatever he's allowed to do."
RELATED: Academy of Country Music Awards 2011
Paisley said he can't imagine what it's like to not be able to talk for weeks. But he thinks Urban's wife, Nicole Kidman, should take full advantage of the situation.
"I'm sure Nicole loves it. It's got to be great for her," he joked.
Before heading into surgery, Urban posted a video for fans, thanking them for their gifts and well wishes. He said he looks forward to seeing fans in 2012.
An earlier statement from Urban's publicist called the surgery a minor outpatient procedure. Urban postponed his "All for the Hall" concert to benefit the Country Music Hall of Fame that was originally scheduled for Jan. 18. He also rescheduled the rest of his 2011 concert dates for next year.
Urban is a four-time Grammy winner with 13 No. 1 hits, including his most recent, "Long Hot Summer."
RELATED: Style Profile: Nicole Kidman
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite