Brad Paisley to hang with Keith Urban after vocal surgery
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage.com3 of 10
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/GettyImages.com4 of 10
- Photo: People.com/Promotional5 of 10
- Photo: Splash News6 of 10
- Photo: Mark Humphrey/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: Brian Hineline/Retna Digital8 of 10
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- No one has spoken to Keith Urban since his surgery last week to remove a polyp on his vocal cord.
RELATED: Country Crooners: Who Said it?
That's because the country star is on complete vocal rest for the next couple of weeks.
Good friend Brad Paisley has checked in with Urban, and they have plans to hang out while Urban recovers.
"We're big guitar junkies, and we wanted to get together and maybe go through some amplifiers and go through some gear," said Paisley before the CMT Artists of the Year taping on Tuesday in Nashville. "I told him, 'Let's do that. You don't have to talk. We'll get together. We'll play guitar, set up some amps, go through some tubes, try some stuff out and tweak.' I'll do all the talking, which I am very capable of. He can just nod and grunt and do whatever he's allowed to do."
RELATED: Academy of Country Music Awards 2011
Paisley said he can't imagine what it's like to not be able to talk for weeks. But he thinks Urban's wife, Nicole Kidman, should take full advantage of the situation.
"I'm sure Nicole loves it. It's got to be great for her," he joked.
Before heading into surgery, Urban posted a video for fans, thanking them for their gifts and well wishes. He said he looks forward to seeing fans in 2012.
An earlier statement from Urban's publicist called the surgery a minor outpatient procedure. Urban postponed his "All for the Hall" concert to benefit the Country Music Hall of Fame that was originally scheduled for Jan. 18. He also rescheduled the rest of his 2011 concert dates for next year.
Urban is a four-time Grammy winner with 13 No. 1 hits, including his most recent, "Long Hot Summer."
RELATED: Style Profile: Nicole Kidman
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Ready to Wed
From Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis to Kanye and Kim Kardashian, see all the celebs who got engaged this year.Watch Video »
Alessandra Ambrosio talks to Wonderwall about getting fit for the VS Fashion Show, her thoughts about Kate Upton, and more.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAlmost Naked
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite