Brad Paisley to hang with Keith Urban after vocal surgery
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage.com3 of 10
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/GettyImages.com4 of 10
- Photo: People.com/Promotional5 of 10
- Photo: Splash News6 of 10
- Photo: Mark Humphrey/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: Brian Hineline/Retna Digital8 of 10
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- No one has spoken to Keith Urban since his surgery last week to remove a polyp on his vocal cord.
RELATED: Country Crooners: Who Said it?
That's because the country star is on complete vocal rest for the next couple of weeks.
Good friend Brad Paisley has checked in with Urban, and they have plans to hang out while Urban recovers.
"We're big guitar junkies, and we wanted to get together and maybe go through some amplifiers and go through some gear," said Paisley before the CMT Artists of the Year taping on Tuesday in Nashville. "I told him, 'Let's do that. You don't have to talk. We'll get together. We'll play guitar, set up some amps, go through some tubes, try some stuff out and tweak.' I'll do all the talking, which I am very capable of. He can just nod and grunt and do whatever he's allowed to do."
RELATED: Academy of Country Music Awards 2011
Paisley said he can't imagine what it's like to not be able to talk for weeks. But he thinks Urban's wife, Nicole Kidman, should take full advantage of the situation.
"I'm sure Nicole loves it. It's got to be great for her," he joked.
Before heading into surgery, Urban posted a video for fans, thanking them for their gifts and well wishes. He said he looks forward to seeing fans in 2012.
An earlier statement from Urban's publicist called the surgery a minor outpatient procedure. Urban postponed his "All for the Hall" concert to benefit the Country Music Hall of Fame that was originally scheduled for Jan. 18. He also rescheduled the rest of his 2011 concert dates for next year.
Urban is a four-time Grammy winner with 13 No. 1 hits, including his most recent, "Long Hot Summer."
RELATED: Style Profile: Nicole Kidman
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy & Single
Check out some of Jennifer Lopez's sexiest ensembles she's rocked recently.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite