Pal: Why Pete Wentz Couldn't Trust Ashlee Simpson
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com1 of 6
- Photo: Promotional2 of 6
- Photo: Juan Soliz/Pacific Coast News3 of 6
- Photo: Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Bonnie & Clyde' Writers Talk Turning Facts Into Drama: We're &amMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:58:04 AM
- LA Film Critics: Lupita Nyong'o Named Best Supporting ActressMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:20:58 AM
- Keanu Reeves' '47 Ronin' Debuts at No. 3 at Japanese Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:11:57 AM
- 'Dude, You're Screwed' Peek: How a Speedo Becomes Handy in the Arctic (ExMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 10:00:27 AM
- 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Box-Office Opening is Coen Brothers' Best EverMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 9:01:30 AM
- 'Bonnie & Clyde' Writers Talk Turning Facts Into Drama: We're &am
When the going gets tough, the tough go partying -- at least Ashlee Simpson does.
Although their Feb. 9 divorce announcement took many by surprise, pals close to Simpson and husband Pete Wentz tell the new Us Weekly that the spouses of nearly three years "have been talking about splitting up forever."
Simpson, 26, had coped in part with the impending split by having some late, late-night fun. "Ashlee has been out late partying for the past few months," says one insider. Specifically, the singer-actress -- and mom to son Bronx, 2 -- hangs with a crew of pro skateboarders in San Clemente, Calif., and returns home at sunrise.
"She would lose track of time," the insider says.
Fall Out Boy rocker Wentz, 31, "started getting burnt out" by those antics, another source says. On the road with his band, he "would constantly check in on Ashlee, and he'd have his friends call the house and her cell to make sure she said she was where she said she was going to be," an insider explains. "He felt like he couldn't trust her."
For much more on the split -- pals' concern for Simpson's super "skinny" frame, how she's "frustrated and insecure," why they're "still talking" -- pick up the new Us Weekly, on stands now.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Gold
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite