Paris Jackson 'better,' but misses tribute to dad
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 12
- Photo: TONY CHENG/Invision/AP2 of 12
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage3 of 12
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP4 of 12
- Photo: Wonderwall5 of 12
- Photo: ETOnline/.6 of 12
- Photo: Twitter/.7 of 12
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP8 of 12
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage9 of 12
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP10 of 12
- Photo: CHRIS PIZZELLO/AP/Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
One was not enough.
Less than 20 months after the debut of the first Cirque du Soliel show paying tribute Michael Jackson, comes the second: "Michael Jackson ONE."
Cirque president Daniel Lamarre said he'd planned two Jackson-inspired shows "from the first day we got the rights from the [Jackson] estate," with the first production, "Immortal," delivering a stadium-sized touring concert and "ONE" a more intimate affair -- something closer to what Cirque du Soliel usually serves up. It's a multimedia extravaganza that often flies high, but never loses sight of its inspiration.
RELATED: The royal couple's favorite sports
Saturday's world premiere attracted celebrities including musician Justin Bieber, as well as actors Neil Patrick Harris, Allison Janney and Alfre Woodard. Also in attendance were Michael Jackson's brothers Marlon, Tito and Jackie, the latter noting that most of the Jackson family would be inside the theater for the premiere except for Michael's daughter Paris, who, on June 5, was taken by ambulance from her family's home and hospitalized.
"She's going to be OK," Jackie Jackson said. "She's getting better."
The brothers said even less when asked about the family's wrongful-death lawsuit against concert promoter AEG Live, which the family claims hired Conrad Murray, the doctor convicted of involuntary manslaughter for Michael Jackson's 2009 death.
RELATED: Insured celeb body parts
"We can't elaborate on that, because it's still ongoing," replied Marlon Jackson.
Following a dramatic week of courtroom testimony surrounding the death of Michael Jackson, the brothers seemed relieved to be revisiting Michael's life and work.
"ONE" ''is all about the music" said Marlon Jackson. "This is part of giving back and sharing his legacy."
"ONE" also gives Cirque another crack at producing the ultimate Jackson tribute show.
Some heavyweight media outlets gave "Immortal" lukewarm reviews (The Hollywood Reporter, and the Los Angeles Times among them), and even Cirque president Lamarre admitted the production was being "tweaked" throughout its North American run.
"ONE" director Jamie King commented, "I think the questions with ['Immortal'] was, 'Was there enough Cirque? Was there enough Michael' There's where the confusion [was]."
"ONE" is very different," continued Lamarre. "It's a total immersion. So, people are going to dive into the universe of Michael Jackson."
Despite mixed reviews and initial production problems, "Immortal" was a box-office smash. According to Forbes, it was the highest-grossing tour in the United States in 2011 and the second-highest in 2012. By the time it traveled overseas, Lamarre said, "Immortal" was greatly improved and, "I cannot wait to bring back 'Immortal' [to North America] for people to realize how good a show it is now."
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite