- Photo: Mark J. Terrill, Pool/Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: Michael A. Mariant/Invision/AP2 of 7
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: Splash News4 of 7
- Photo: Splash News5 of 7
- Photo: SHUJI KAJIYAMA/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- SXSW: Lionsgate Nabs Rights to Bigfoot Thriller 'Exists'MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 9:21:00 AM
- 'Supernatural' Spinoff Casts 'Arrow' Alum in Final Lead Role, GeMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 9:00:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Roars to $17 Million First Day at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 8:32:00 AM
- 'Kelly & Cal' Review: New Mom Juliette Lewis Finds an Unlikely Suburban SoMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 9:00:00 PM
- Talent Agents Adam Kanter, Martin Spencer Exit Resolution (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:14:00 PM
- SXSW: Lionsgate Nabs Rights to Bigfoot Thriller 'Exists'
By Kat Giantis
It's been two months since Paris Jackson lost dad Michael, but life is moving forward for the 11-year-old, who marked a milestone this weekend in Sin City. Seems the tyke had her very first haircut, not to mention her very first haircut cleanup by vigilant minders.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports the momentous event took place on Sunday at the Amp salon at the Palms Resort, where Paris was joined by one of her less famous aunts, a bodyguard, and a woman identified as a tutor for the tyke and her brothers, Prince, 12, and Blanket, 7.
Alicia Jacobs, an entertainment reporter for a local NBC affiliate, happened to be in the salon at the same time as Paris and tweeted about the encounter.
"Paris Jackson is absolutely stunning!!" she gushed. "She is very sweet and respectful. MJ definitely did a great job raising her!"
Jacobs, who previously met Paris at a Janet Jackson-hosted gathering following Michael's televised memorial last month, added that this was the pre-teen's "first haircut ... ever!!"
After Paris had her long tresses trimmed (and her fingernails painted green to match the limos at the Palms), her stylist was apparently ordered to sweep up all the locks and put them in a plastic bag, which was then handed to the tutor.
"Can you imagine the value of Paris' hair?" Jacobs marvels to the paper. "DNA ... the truth finally."
In between her maiden voyage into mane maintenance, Paris joined her brothers for some poolside playtime at the Palms, where they lived with their dad for a few months last year.
People magazine reports the late King of Pop's once little-seen tots were spied drinking virgin strawberry-banana daiquiris on Sunday as they frolicked in the water with a trio of friends.
Blanket, who was well-protected in a life vest, even served up a few of the dance steps that so impressed Grandpa Joe Jackson, busting a move before leaping into the water.
Watching the chlorinated fun was grandmother Katherine Jackson, who the mag says was joined by a friend and nanny.
Meanwhile, changes could be in store for the kids' education. TMZ says Nana Katherine is "seriously considering" ending their home schooling and enrolling them in an exclusive private school in Los Angeles.
The idea has reportedly already been discussed with representatives from the Buckley School, which counts several Jackson family members among its alumni. Some of the other notables who have attended, but perhaps didn't get as much out of the academic experience as they could: Paris Hilton and all three Kardashian sisters.
Read more Hot Gossip
From Crowd Ignite