Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell's Wedding Reception: All the Details!
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP1 of 19
- Photo: DSDD/JRAC/CHAC/ZOB/ZDS/WENN2 of 19
- Photo: Reuters3 of 19
- Photo: Lefteris Pitarakis/Invision/AP4 of 19
- Photo: Reuters5 of 19
- Photo: Reuters6 of 19
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN7 of 19
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN8 of 19
- Photo: Reuters9 of 19
- Photo: Reuters10 of 19
- Photo: DSDD/JRAC/CHAC/ZOB/ZDS/WENN11 of 19
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN12 of 19
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN13 of 19
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN14 of 19
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN15 of 19
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN16 of 19
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com17 of 19
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN18 of 19
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Guardians of the Galaxy Wins Labor Day WeekendMSNEntertainment 8/31/2014 4:35:00 PM
- Nude Photos of Jennifer Lawrence, More Celebs Leaked After Massive Phone HackMSNEntertainment 8/31/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Simon Cowell, Cheryl Cole Returns Deliver 'X Factor UK' Ratings BumpMSNEntertainment 8/31/2014 4:05:00 PM
- Joan Rivers' Daughter Melissa Releases New Statement, Celebs Tweet SupportMSNEntertainment 8/31/2014 3:41:00 PM
- Taylor Swift Joining NBC's 'The Voice' as Guest Mentor (Report)MSNEntertainment 8/31/2014 3:12:00 PM
- Box Office: Guardians of the Galaxy Wins Labor Day Weekend
Sunday was a magical evening for the Beatles' Paul McCartney and his new bride Nancy Shevell, who tied the knot at Old Marylebone Town Hall in front of 30 close friends and family.
Following the ceremony, guests headed over to 69-year-old McCartney's home in St. John's Wood for a rock 'n' roll reception. Former Beatles member Ringo Starr, 71, told Us Weekly he wishes the couple "peace and love" as he entered the grounds, while Barbara Walters, who is Shevell's second cousin, said "the wedding was lovely."
McCartney's brother Mike, who served as the rocker's best man, added that Shevell, 51, is "so charming. I mean, she's one of us."
Said '60s supermodel Twiggy, 62: "Nancy is fabulous! She's definitely The One. I'm going to go and give him a big kiss. We're very, very happy. We love them to bits!"
Other attendees included The Rolling Stone's Ronnie Wood, Charlene Spiteri, Olivia Harrison, Jools Holland and Kate Moss. The 120 guests were welcomed with champagne or orange juice in the "arrivals lounge," which was a marquee erected in front of the house.
Dinner was served at 7:30, and featured savory tarts, goat cheese and chervil polenta, vegetable gyozas, a side salad of mixed leaves and other condiments, including chili yogurt. Dessert included elderflower-flavored creme fraiche with mixed berries, as well as two wedding cakes: one vegan (made with apples) and one chocolate.
Children were entertained by Sharky and George, who gave away free spinning plates and fast food including french fries; many of the children left at 8:30 in a private minibus.
According to The Sun, guests watched McCartney "sing and play guitar as he unveiled a ballad specially written for his new wife, which brought tears to the groom's eyes. DJ Mark Ronson -- best friend of John Lennon's son Sean -- took control of the disco as the happy couple enjoyed their first dance."
"There was a lovely song that our kid did, and they had a lovely dance together," Mike McCartney told reporters. "That was a nice little highlight of the evening."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Ashlee's new fiance on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite