Paul McCartney cheats death in helicopter scare
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: ABFR/GSI3 of 17
- Photo: Heathcliff O'Malley/Rex / Rex US/Rex USA4 of 17
- Photo: RACHID/Bauer-Griffin5 of 17
- Photo: ZHB/ZJE/WENN6 of 17
- Photo: Anonymous/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP8 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: PF1/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: DOUGLAS PIZAC/Invision/AP12 of 17
- Photo: JOE SCHABER/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: Retna Ltd.14 of 17
- Photo: Retna Ltd.15 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Guardians of the Galaxy Wins Labor Day WeekendMSNEntertainment 8/31/2014 4:35:00 PM
- Nude Photos of Jennifer Lawrence, More Celebs Leaked After Massive Phone HackMSNEntertainment 8/31/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Simon Cowell, Cheryl Cole Returns Deliver 'X Factor UK' Ratings BumpMSNEntertainment 8/31/2014 4:05:00 PM
- Joan Rivers' Daughter Melissa Releases New Statement, Celebs Tweet SupportMSNEntertainment 8/31/2014 3:41:00 PM
- Taylor Swift Joining NBC's 'The Voice' as Guest Mentor (Report)MSNEntertainment 8/31/2014 3:12:00 PM
- Box Office: Guardians of the Galaxy Wins Labor Day Weekend
Aviation officials in the U.K. have launched an investigation after Paul McCartney came within seconds of disaster when the helicopter he was traveling in plunged towards the ground in a terrifying mid-air scare.
The Beatles legend was traveling back to his home in East Sussex, England from an event in London with his wife Nancy Shevell on May 3 when the helicopter pilot reportedly became disorientated in the bad weather.
RELATED: Paul MCCartney life in pictures
The aircraft, which was attempting to touch down on McCartney's private helipad, plummeted towards trees, but the potentially fatal crash was avoided when the pilot pulled up at the last minute and diverted to a nearby airport.
The incident is now the subject of an investigation by the government's Department of Transport after the Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) classified it as a "serious incident". A spokesman for Air Harrods, the company which runs the helicopter service, tells Britain's Mail on Sunday newspaper, "Harrods Aviation can confirm that an incident took place on May 3 involving an Air Harrods helicopter. We are working in full cooperation with the AAIB which are currently investigating the incident." A representative for McCartney says, "Paul has been spoken to. It has been put to him, everything. It's a no comment."
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Ashlee's new fiance on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite