Paul McCartney cheats death in helicopter scare
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: ABFR/GSI3 of 17
- Photo: Heathcliff O'Malley/Rex / Rex US/Rex USA4 of 17
- Photo: RACHID/Bauer-Griffin5 of 17
- Photo: ZHB/ZJE/WENN6 of 17
- Photo: Anonymous/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP8 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: PF1/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: DOUGLAS PIZAC/Invision/AP12 of 17
- Photo: JOE SCHABER/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: Retna Ltd.14 of 17
- Photo: Retna Ltd.15 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Kerry Washington, Miley Cyrus, Benedict Cumberbatch Among Time's 100 Most Influential PeoplMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 8:05:00 AM
- Kevin Clash, Voice of Elmo, Cleared of Sex Abuse ChargesMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 6:57:00 AM
- Review: 'Hearthstone' card game is the real dealMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 5:46:01 AM
- Thursday Review: Bad Teacher, Black Box, Hulu's Moone BoyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:00:00 AM
- American Idol: Who Blew the Judges Away?MSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 7:31:00 PM
- Kerry Washington, Miley Cyrus, Benedict Cumberbatch Among Time's 100 Most Influential Peopl
Aviation officials in the U.K. have launched an investigation after Paul McCartney came within seconds of disaster when the helicopter he was traveling in plunged towards the ground in a terrifying mid-air scare.
The Beatles legend was traveling back to his home in East Sussex, England from an event in London with his wife Nancy Shevell on May 3 when the helicopter pilot reportedly became disorientated in the bad weather.
RELATED: Paul MCCartney life in pictures
The aircraft, which was attempting to touch down on McCartney's private helipad, plummeted towards trees, but the potentially fatal crash was avoided when the pilot pulled up at the last minute and diverted to a nearby airport.
The incident is now the subject of an investigation by the government's Department of Transport after the Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) classified it as a "serious incident". A spokesman for Air Harrods, the company which runs the helicopter service, tells Britain's Mail on Sunday newspaper, "Harrods Aviation can confirm that an incident took place on May 3 involving an Air Harrods helicopter. We are working in full cooperation with the AAIB which are currently investigating the incident." A representative for McCartney says, "Paul has been spoken to. It has been put to him, everything. It's a no comment."
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite