Paul McCartney cheats death in helicopter scare
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: ABFR/GSI3 of 17
- Photo: Heathcliff O'Malley/Rex / Rex US/Rex USA4 of 17
- Photo: RACHID/Bauer-Griffin5 of 17
- Photo: ZHB/ZJE/WENN6 of 17
- Photo: Anonymous/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP8 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: PF1/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: DOUGLAS PIZAC/Invision/AP12 of 17
- Photo: JOE SCHABER/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: Retna Ltd.14 of 17
- Photo: Retna Ltd.15 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Venice Reviews: Al Pacino Achieves Late-Career Greatness in 'Manglehorn'; BogdanovMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:04:00 AM
- Labor Day Viewing Guide: What to Binge-Watch This Weekend If You're Not Hanging Out With thMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 10:58:00 PM
- 'Utopia' Kicks One Person Out Before Filming Even BeginsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 10:26:00 PM
- Patrick Warburton Set to Reboot 'The Tick' as an Amazon PilotMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 10:14:00 PM
- Joan Rivers' Daughter Melissa Thanks Fans for Support: 'Her Condition Remains SeriMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 7:20:00 PM
- Venice Reviews: Al Pacino Achieves Late-Career Greatness in 'Manglehorn'; Bogdanov
Aviation officials in the U.K. have launched an investigation after Paul McCartney came within seconds of disaster when the helicopter he was traveling in plunged towards the ground in a terrifying mid-air scare.
The Beatles legend was traveling back to his home in East Sussex, England from an event in London with his wife Nancy Shevell on May 3 when the helicopter pilot reportedly became disorientated in the bad weather.
RELATED: Paul MCCartney life in pictures
The aircraft, which was attempting to touch down on McCartney's private helipad, plummeted towards trees, but the potentially fatal crash was avoided when the pilot pulled up at the last minute and diverted to a nearby airport.
The incident is now the subject of an investigation by the government's Department of Transport after the Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) classified it as a "serious incident". A spokesman for Air Harrods, the company which runs the helicopter service, tells Britain's Mail on Sunday newspaper, "Harrods Aviation can confirm that an incident took place on May 3 involving an Air Harrods helicopter. We are working in full cooperation with the AAIB which are currently investigating the incident." A representative for McCartney says, "Paul has been spoken to. It has been put to him, everything. It's a no comment."
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jared Leto, Madonna and Jaime King all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWore it Better?
From Crowd Ignite