Paul McCartney refuses to kill aging sheep
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: ABFR/GSI2 of 16
- Photo: Heathcliff O'Malley/Rex / Rex US/Rex USA3 of 16
- Photo: RACHID/Bauer-Griffin4 of 16
- Photo: ZHB/ZJE/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Anonymous/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: PF1/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: DOUGLAS PIZAC/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: JOE SCHABER/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Retna Ltd.13 of 16
- Photo: Retna Ltd.14 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- VH1 Renews 'Hit the Floor' for Season 3MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 10:37:00 AM
- Politico Editor Rachel Smolkin Jumps to CNN as Executive Editor, PoliticsMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 10:23:00 AM
- World Cup Star Tim Howard Returns to NBC Sports as Premier League AnalystMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 9:28:00 AM
- Ron Livingston Cast in AMC's 'We Hate Paul Revere' PilotMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 9:02:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Bachelorette' Finale and 'Final Rose' Lead ABC to MondMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 8:45:00 AM
- VH1 Renews 'Hit the Floor' for Season 3
Paul McCartney insists on keeping aging sheep on his Scottish farm because he can't bear to have them slaughtered.
The Beatles legend, a staunch vegetarian, admits he is a little embarrassed to have the old creatures on his farm, but would never consider having them killed.
VIDEO: Most famous celeb pets
In an interview with Britain's Radio 4, he says, "I live on a sheep farm and we shear the sheep, but they die of old age.
RELATED: Paul McCartney's life in picture
"But it can be embarrassing. People say, 'Look at the state of your sheep!' And I say, 'Yes, they're very old. There's only one alternative - to send them off to the knacker's yard [slaughterhouse].'
"They just die like we do. It's life, it's death, it's what happens. We just give them a good life and I take the wool from them."
Where Are They?
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite