Paul McCartney refuses to kill aging sheep
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: ABFR/GSI2 of 16
- Photo: Heathcliff O'Malley/Rex / Rex US/Rex USA3 of 16
- Photo: RACHID/Bauer-Griffin4 of 16
- Photo: ZHB/ZJE/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Anonymous/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: PF1/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: DOUGLAS PIZAC/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: JOE SCHABER/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Retna Ltd.13 of 16
- Photo: Retna Ltd.14 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
Paul McCartney insists on keeping aging sheep on his Scottish farm because he can't bear to have them slaughtered.
The Beatles legend, a staunch vegetarian, admits he is a little embarrassed to have the old creatures on his farm, but would never consider having them killed.
VIDEO: Most famous celeb pets
In an interview with Britain's Radio 4, he says, "I live on a sheep farm and we shear the sheep, but they die of old age.
RELATED: Paul McCartney's life in picture
"But it can be embarrassing. People say, 'Look at the state of your sheep!' And I say, 'Yes, they're very old. There's only one alternative - to send them off to the knacker's yard [slaughterhouse].'
"They just die like we do. It's life, it's death, it's what happens. We just give them a good life and I take the wool from them."
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite