Paul McCartney refuses to kill aging sheep
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: ABFR/GSI2 of 16
- Photo: Heathcliff O'Malley/Rex / Rex US/Rex USA3 of 16
- Photo: RACHID/Bauer-Griffin4 of 16
- Photo: ZHB/ZJE/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Anonymous/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: PF1/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: DOUGLAS PIZAC/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: JOE SCHABER/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Retna Ltd.13 of 16
- Photo: Retna Ltd.14 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- W. Kamau Bell Laments "The Whiteness of Late Night"MSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Nicki Minaj Welcome at This NY High School, After Alma Mater Rejects HerMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Ashley Judd Has Tough Couple of Weekends at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 2:47:00 PM
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Claims She Was Detained by LAPD, Mistaken for ProstitutMSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 2:36:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars' Julianne Hough: "I Might Be Even Harder on Derek"MSNEntertainment 9/14/2014 1:34:00 PM
- W. Kamau Bell Laments "The Whiteness of Late Night"
Paul McCartney insists on keeping aging sheep on his Scottish farm because he can't bear to have them slaughtered.
The Beatles legend, a staunch vegetarian, admits he is a little embarrassed to have the old creatures on his farm, but would never consider having them killed.
VIDEO: Most famous celeb pets
In an interview with Britain's Radio 4, he says, "I live on a sheep farm and we shear the sheep, but they die of old age.
RELATED: Paul McCartney's life in picture
"But it can be embarrassing. People say, 'Look at the state of your sheep!' And I say, 'Yes, they're very old. There's only one alternative - to send them off to the knacker's yard [slaughterhouse].'
"They just die like we do. It's life, it's death, it's what happens. We just give them a good life and I take the wool from them."
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out the many women who have been wooed by George Clooney over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew 'Do
From Crowd Ignite