Paul McCartney refuses to kill aging sheep
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: ABFR/GSI2 of 16
- Photo: Heathcliff O'Malley/Rex / Rex US/Rex USA3 of 16
- Photo: RACHID/Bauer-Griffin4 of 16
- Photo: ZHB/ZJE/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Anonymous/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: PF1/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: DOUGLAS PIZAC/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: JOE SCHABER/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Retna Ltd.13 of 16
- Photo: Retna Ltd.14 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Paul McCartney insists on keeping aging sheep on his Scottish farm because he can't bear to have them slaughtered.
The Beatles legend, a staunch vegetarian, admits he is a little embarrassed to have the old creatures on his farm, but would never consider having them killed.
VIDEO: Most famous celeb pets
In an interview with Britain's Radio 4, he says, "I live on a sheep farm and we shear the sheep, but they die of old age.
RELATED: Paul McCartney's life in picture
"But it can be embarrassing. People say, 'Look at the state of your sheep!' And I say, 'Yes, they're very old. There's only one alternative - to send them off to the knacker's yard [slaughterhouse].'
"They just die like we do. It's life, it's death, it's what happens. We just give them a good life and I take the wool from them."
Where Are They?
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Justin Timberlake, see some of the hottest stars from the south.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite