Perry opens up after Brand split
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP1 of 10
- Photo: KWAB/CNAB/ZDS/WENN2 of 10
- Photo: Twitter3 of 10
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage4 of 10
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Charley Gallay/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage7 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 10
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:09:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Glee' Star Harry Shum Jr. Joins 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon&apos
By WENN Newsdesk
Katy Perry has broken her silence since splitting from husband Russell Brand to urge fans to avoid "gossip" about their marriage breakdown.
RELATED: Zooey Deschanel files for divorce
Brand cited "irreconcilable differences" when he filed for divorce from the pop star on Dec. 30 following weeks of speculation about the state of their relationship.
RELATED: Drew Barrymore is engaged!
Both stars have kept quiet since the news broke, but Perry has now taken to her Twitter.com page to address the numerous rumors about their romance.
RELATED: Stars that will say 'I do' in 2012
She tweeted, "Concerning the gossip, I want to be clear that no one speaks for me. Not a blog, magazine, 'close sources' or my family."
The "California Gurls" singer also thanked her followers for their well wishes, adding, "I am so grateful for all the love and support I've had from people around the world. You guys have made my heart happy again."
Perry married the funnyman in a lavish ceremony in India in October 2010.
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite