PETA boss invites Lady Gaga for dinner
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: Russ Einhorn/Splash News2 of 8
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com3 of 8
- Photo: Tony Clark/Splash News4 of 8
- Photo: Splash News5 of 8
- Photo: Jason Howard/Splash News6 of 8
- Photo: David Dyson / Camera Press/Retna Ltd.7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Discovery to Air Everest Avalanche Documentary May 4MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:02:00 PM
- A&E Sets Premiere Date for Longmire Season 3MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 2:40:00 PM
- 'Locke' Review: Tom Hardy Captivates in This One-Man Road TripMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 2:39:00 PM
- Big Bang Theory's Kaley Cuoco Chops Off Her HairMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 2:18:00 PM
- NBC's Comedy Playground Slammed With Trademark Infringement, Unfair Competition SuitMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 2:16:00 PM
- Discovery to Air Everest Avalanche Documentary May 4
Lady Gaga has been invited to dine with PETA President Ingrid Newkirk so she can explain the idea behind the meat dress she wore at the MTV Video Music Awards.
The animal rights group officials have been critical of Gaga's fleshy fashion choice and they're unclear as to the idea behind the dress, which was made from real flesh.
The pop star has explained she donned the gown, which came with a "beef clutch" and a headpiece, to make the point that she's not "a piece of meat."
But PETA chief Newkirk isn't happy.
A spokeswoman tells WENN, "Ingrid did send Lady Gaga a private letter inviting her to a vegan dinner.
RELATED: Lady Gaga wears a cape made of hair
"We know her to be a kind person from her previous anti-fur statements, and we hope that she takes Ms. Newkirk up on the offer."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBikini Babe
From Crowd Ignite