PETA bosses take aim at Beyonce over footwear choice
- Photo: Greg Allen / Rex USA / Promotional/.1 of 10
- Photo: Instagram/.2 of 10
- Photo: Larry Busacca/Getty Images North America3 of 10
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com4 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: JJ/Bauer-Griffin6 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: Morry Gash/Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: Rex USA9 of 10
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
As expected, Beyonce has come under fire from animal-rights activists for commissioning designers at custom sneaker company Perfectly Made Kicks to create pair of shoes made from exotic animal skins for her.
RELATED: Most famous celeb pets
After upsetting activists at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) by sporting an outfit made from python and iguana skin during her Super Bowl half-time show earlier this month (Feb13), the Crazy in Love singer is at it again after signing on for new shoes made from crocodile and anaconda skins, stingray, ostrich, and calf hair.
PETA bosses have wasted no time in jumping on the star's fashion choice. A statement from the animal rights organization reads, "These custom-made kicks come with a high price and it's paid by the various animals who were beaten and skinned alive or cruelly farmed and killed. Although most people aren't as familiar with the types of animals (snakes, stingrays, crocodiles, and ostriches) killed for this single pair of sneakers as they are with the cats and dogs we share our homes with, these animals are highly sensitive living beings who try hard to avoid capture and suffer enormously when trapped, netted, speared and skinned alive. We hope that Beyonce will choose to wear more clothes from her own clothing line, which features faux fur, and that one day, she'll go completely cruelty-free.
"She can always choose the cruelty-free and green fashion favored by compassionate, chic celebrities such as Natalie Portman and Anne Hathaway and designers such as award-winning fashion queen Stella McCartney."
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
Get out the vote
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
See which celebs had the best and worst beach bodies of 2012.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite