Pete Wentz: I Still Love and Respect Ashlee Simpson
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage1 of 7
- Photo: Promotional2 of 7
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Marion Curtis/Invision/AP5 of 7
- Photo: Maury Phillips/WireImage.com6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Hollywood's Highest Paid Executives: Who Made Bank, Who Sank in 2013MSNEntertainment 4/21/2014 12:04:00 AM
- Tribeca Docs 'Virunga' and 'Tomorrow We Disappear' Inspire and IMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 10:59:00 PM
- Lindsay Lohan Says She Had Miscarriage During Production, Addresses List of Lovers on OWN FinaleMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 9:53:00 PM
- Joss Whedon Is Selling His Latest Movie for $5 Using VimeoMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 8:29:00 PM
- Game of Thrones Power Shift: Tyrion Is Under Arrest; Daario Passes the TestMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 7:00:00 PM
- Hollywood's Highest Paid Executives: Who Made Bank, Who Sank in 2013
When Ryan Seacrest asked the rocker how he's holding up since Simpson filed for divorce Feb. 9, the 31-year-old had only good things to say about his soon-to-be ex.
"Ashlee's been my best friend for five years. She's the mother of my child," Wentz said during Seacrest's KIIS-FM radio show Monday. "I have nothing but love and respect for her."
He's not exaggerating: The duo (parents to son Bronx, 2) were spotted making two separate fast-food runs in Los Angeles over the weekend.
"Going through something like this isn't easy," Wentz added, "but we're friends, and the most important thing is to put our son first."
"Everything's a new discovery for him," the proud papa gushed. "His new thing is hiding cell phones and credit cards and stuff. I'm like, 'So where's dad's cell phone?' And he laughs. He thinks it's like a comedy bit."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
From Crowd Ignite