Pete Wentz: I Still Love and Respect Ashlee Simpson
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage1 of 7
- Photo: Promotional2 of 7
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Marion Curtis/Invision/AP5 of 7
- Photo: Maury Phillips/WireImage.com6 of 7
More Celeb News
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:15:00 PM
- '90210' Alum AnnaLynne McCord Booked for CBS's 'Stalker&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:12:00 PM
- How Networks Are Moving On From 'Irrelevant' Overnight Ratings: The 7-Day SolutionMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:11:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:52 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:52:23 PM
- Joan Rivers Clinic 'Fixes Problems' Cited After the Comedienne's DeathMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:49:00 PM
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&apos
When Ryan Seacrest asked the rocker how he's holding up since Simpson filed for divorce Feb. 9, the 31-year-old had only good things to say about his soon-to-be ex.
"Ashlee's been my best friend for five years. She's the mother of my child," Wentz said during Seacrest's KIIS-FM radio show Monday. "I have nothing but love and respect for her."
He's not exaggerating: The duo (parents to son Bronx, 2) were spotted making two separate fast-food runs in Los Angeles over the weekend.
"Going through something like this isn't easy," Wentz added, "but we're friends, and the most important thing is to put our son first."
"Everything's a new discovery for him," the proud papa gushed. "His new thing is hiding cell phones and credit cards and stuff. I'm like, 'So where's dad's cell phone?' And he laughs. He thinks it's like a comedy bit."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite