Pete Wentz: I Still Love and Respect Ashlee Simpson
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage1 of 7
- Photo: Promotional2 of 7
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Marion Curtis/Invision/AP5 of 7
- Photo: Maury Phillips/WireImage.com6 of 7
More Celeb News
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit ExpansionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 4:25:00 PM
- New Star Wars Film Resumes Production After Harrison Ford InjuryMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 3:44:00 PM
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit Expansion
When Ryan Seacrest asked the rocker how he's holding up since Simpson filed for divorce Feb. 9, the 31-year-old had only good things to say about his soon-to-be ex.
"Ashlee's been my best friend for five years. She's the mother of my child," Wentz said during Seacrest's KIIS-FM radio show Monday. "I have nothing but love and respect for her."
He's not exaggerating: The duo (parents to son Bronx, 2) were spotted making two separate fast-food runs in Los Angeles over the weekend.
"Going through something like this isn't easy," Wentz added, "but we're friends, and the most important thing is to put our son first."
"Everything's a new discovery for him," the proud papa gushed. "His new thing is hiding cell phones and credit cards and stuff. I'm like, 'So where's dad's cell phone?' And he laughs. He thinks it's like a comedy bit."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite