Pete Wentz talks fatherhood, pill addiction, paranoia
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA1 of 10
- Photo: RAF/ZOJ/WENN2 of 10
- Photo: WENN3 of 10
- Photo: @petewentz/Twitter4 of 10
- Photo: JACSON/Fame Flynet5 of 10
- Photo: Coqueran/Fame Flynet6 of 10
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com7 of 10
- Photo: RD/Kirkland/Retna Digital8 of 10
- Photo: VT/Splash News/Splash News9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper to Star in Legendary's 'Warcraft'MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 3:59:45 PM
- The Ultimate Year-End Trailer Mashup To End All Mashups (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 3:44:37 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: How India's Oscar Contender Rejected Bollywood on the Way to HollMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 3:10:37 PM
- A TV Bidding War for Tim Tebow?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 3:09:02 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: 11 Most Shocking Deaths on TVMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 2:51:18 PM
- Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper to Star in Legendary's 'Warcraft'
Pete Wentz didn't just save rock 'n' roll -- he saved himself. In the May 23 issue of Rolling Stone, the 33-year-old bassist speaks candidly about how his life took a dark turn after Fall Out Boy went on hiatus in 2009. Making matters worse, Wentz's problems intensified when his marriage to Ashlee Simpson ended in 2011.
The rocker began abusing prescription pills Xanax and Klonopin, which are primarily used to treat anxiety. "I was probably physically and mentally addicted," Wentz reveals. "It started from insomnia and anxiety from flying, then it spiraled."
He continues, "I felt like a loser already. I'd basically gone from being the guy in Fall Out Boy to being the guy, who, like, hangs out all day. I didn't see how I'd ever come out on the other side."
Wentz began relying on the drugs more heavily after his split with Simpson, 28; he also became increasingly paranoid. "I was scared of everything. I thought there were always people listening to me," he says. "Like, I had my house searched for bugs. It was crazy."
The "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)" musician is in a much better place these days, thanks to regular therapy sessions and his 4-year-old son, Bronx. "You're up in the morning, and you have to really be there," he tells Rolling Stone of fatherhood. "It's not like getting up for a radio interview. In some ways, that was super helpful for my soul." Wentz has another reason to smile: He's still going strong with 24-year-old model Meagan Camper, his girlfriend since the fall of 2011.
Wentz and his bandmates kick off their Save Rock and Roll tour May 14 at The Rave in Milwaukee, Wis.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how Kim Kardashian, Fergie, Duchess Kate and more celebs look now that they've lost their pregnancy weight.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPrivacy Request
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite