Pete Wentz to Fight Ashlee Simpson for Custody of Bronx, 2
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com1 of 7
- Photo: Devone Byrd/PacificCoastNews.com2 of 7
- Photo: Splash News3 of 7
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: Promotional5 of 7
- Photo: Splash News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Beastie Boys Countersue GoldieBlox in 'Girls' Video Legal FlapMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 2:01:53 PM
- Politico Advertising Exec Adam Prather Joins Rival The Hill as PublisherMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 1:35:28 PM
- 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Aims for $80M Box Office Debut, But It Won'MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 1:11:29 PM
- Rapper Nelly Talks Past and Present Grammy Snubs, Infamous Larry David Viral PhotoMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 1:09:31 PM
- Why Newspapers and Magazines Want to Be the Next TV Networks (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 1:05:02 PM
- Beastie Boys Countersue GoldieBlox in 'Girls' Video Legal Flap
Let the battle over Bronx begin.
That's not what Simpson, 26, asked for when she filed for divorce from Wentz, 31, last month: the singer-actress sought primary physical custody (and joint legal custody) of their little boy.
Another discrepancy: Wentz requests that each party pay their own legal fees; Ashlee had asked that the Fall Out Boy rocker pay for the both of them.
The young couple wed in May 2008, when Simpson was already three months pregnant with little Bronx, born that fall.
Pals of the pair told Us Weekly that the twosome quickly became overwhelmed by parenthood.
"Ashlee loves Bronx but jumped into marriage and having a baby too quickly," one source told Us in 2009. "They feel they got trapped in a situation they were too young for."
In a statement released after their divorce announcement, Simpson and Wentz said, "We remain friends and deeply committed and loving parents to our son Bronx, whose happiness and well-being remains our number one priority."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite