Adele 'Back On the Grind' Post-Surgery
- Photo: @OfficialAdele/Twitter1 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 13
- Photo: Vogue/Promotional3 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com4 of 13
- Photo: WENN5 of 13
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News7 of 13
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/.8 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Christensen/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: WireImage.com10 of 13
- Photo: Invision/AP11 of 13
- Photo: Wonderwall12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Fox Renews 'New Girl,' 'Mindy Project,' 'Brooklyn Nine-MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 4:00:00 PM
- 'One Tree Hill's' Robert Buckley Joins CW Pilot 'iZombie&apoMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Paramount to Honor Oracle Co-Founder Larry Ellison at Gala Benefiting Cancer Research at USCMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 3:52:00 PM
- Exclusive: The Blacklist Casts Tom's "Brother" MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 3:42:00 PM
- Black Sails: Is Billy Dead?MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 3:28:00 PM
- Fox Renews 'New Girl,' 'Mindy Project,' 'Brooklyn Nine-
Feeling -- and looking! -- good!
Adele is back to work. The 23-year-old singer underwent throat surgery late last month, but in a photo tweeted Wednesday, she let fans know she is "back on the grind!" (Doctors performed microsurgery to repair recurrent bleeding in her vocal cords from a benign polyp. She's expected to make a full recovery.)
"Hair and makeup did," she quipped, holding up her hands in the picture to showcase her slim, flawless face. "Merry Christmas!"
A source tells Us Weekly the Grammy winner is "in a great place at the moment. ... She recently started some basic vocal training [but] she's taking it slowly."
"She has time off in her schedule for much of the first quarter of 2012," the source adds. "Depending on how her voice builds back up, [she might go] to this medical vocal academy in Seoul. It sounds extreme, but she wouldn't be the first artist to go there after removing polyps."
This Christmas, Adele is spending the holiday "with her mum," says a source. "She's not going out raving or drinking. It's going to be really quiet."
Although some have speculated Adele will perform at the 2012 Grammys in February, a source says she "wants to keep a low profile. ... She's hoping the first half of next year can be pretty low-key: no concerts, TV shows, magazine interviews, music or anything like that. As she puts it, she wants to just take it easy and enjoy a well-deserved break, with no pressure to record or perform."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Katy Perry and John Mayer to Paula Patton and Robin Thicke, get the scoop on all the breakups in Hollywood.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite