Adele 'Back On the Grind' Post-Surgery
- Photo: @OfficialAdele/Twitter1 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 13
- Photo: Vogue/Promotional3 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com4 of 13
- Photo: WENN5 of 13
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News7 of 13
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/.8 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Christensen/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: WireImage.com10 of 13
- Photo: Invision/AP11 of 13
- Photo: Wonderwall12 of 13
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Feeling -- and looking! -- good!
Adele is back to work. The 23-year-old singer underwent throat surgery late last month, but in a photo tweeted Wednesday, she let fans know she is "back on the grind!" (Doctors performed microsurgery to repair recurrent bleeding in her vocal cords from a benign polyp. She's expected to make a full recovery.)
"Hair and makeup did," she quipped, holding up her hands in the picture to showcase her slim, flawless face. "Merry Christmas!"
A source tells Us Weekly the Grammy winner is "in a great place at the moment. ... She recently started some basic vocal training [but] she's taking it slowly."
"She has time off in her schedule for much of the first quarter of 2012," the source adds. "Depending on how her voice builds back up, [she might go] to this medical vocal academy in Seoul. It sounds extreme, but she wouldn't be the first artist to go there after removing polyps."
This Christmas, Adele is spending the holiday "with her mum," says a source. "She's not going out raving or drinking. It's going to be really quiet."
Although some have speculated Adele will perform at the 2012 Grammys in February, a source says she "wants to keep a low profile. ... She's hoping the first half of next year can be pretty low-key: no concerts, TV shows, magazine interviews, music or anything like that. As she puts it, she wants to just take it easy and enjoy a well-deserved break, with no pressure to record or perform."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite