Adele 'Back On the Grind' Post-Surgery
- Photo: @OfficialAdele/Twitter1 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 13
- Photo: Vogue/Promotional3 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com4 of 13
- Photo: WENN5 of 13
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News7 of 13
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/.8 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Christensen/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: WireImage.com10 of 13
- Photo: Invision/AP11 of 13
- Photo: Wonderwall12 of 13
More Celeb News
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Auschwitz Selfie' Outrage: But You're Supposed to Take PicturesMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:41:00 PM
- Marvel Announces Another 2018 ReleaseMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:08:00 PM
- Tommy Lee Jones Joins Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman in 'Criminal'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:45:00 PM
- 'Gotham' Creator on Why Batman Would Spell the End of the ShowMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:24:00 PM
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&
Feeling -- and looking! -- good!
Adele is back to work. The 23-year-old singer underwent throat surgery late last month, but in a photo tweeted Wednesday, she let fans know she is "back on the grind!" (Doctors performed microsurgery to repair recurrent bleeding in her vocal cords from a benign polyp. She's expected to make a full recovery.)
"Hair and makeup did," she quipped, holding up her hands in the picture to showcase her slim, flawless face. "Merry Christmas!"
A source tells Us Weekly the Grammy winner is "in a great place at the moment. ... She recently started some basic vocal training [but] she's taking it slowly."
"She has time off in her schedule for much of the first quarter of 2012," the source adds. "Depending on how her voice builds back up, [she might go] to this medical vocal academy in Seoul. It sounds extreme, but she wouldn't be the first artist to go there after removing polyps."
This Christmas, Adele is spending the holiday "with her mum," says a source. "She's not going out raving or drinking. It's going to be really quiet."
Although some have speculated Adele will perform at the 2012 Grammys in February, a source says she "wants to keep a low profile. ... She's hoping the first half of next year can be pretty low-key: no concerts, TV shows, magazine interviews, music or anything like that. As she puts it, she wants to just take it easy and enjoy a well-deserved break, with no pressure to record or perform."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Sexy & Single
Check out some of Jennifer Lopez's sexiest ensembles she's rocked recently.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite