Usher Celebrates 34th Birthday With Tom Cruise, Ridley Scott
- Photo: @UsherRaymondIV/Twitter1 of 13
- Photo: David Goldman/Invision/AP2 of 13
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Invision/AP3 of 13
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital5 of 13
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 13
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: Flynet UK/Fame Flynet11 of 13
- Photo: Copetti/Photofab/StarTraks12 of 13
More Celeb News
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debutMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:45:21 AM
- Wes Anderson 'Grand Budapest Hotel' Books Huge Limited Box-Office OpeningMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:03:00 AM
- Utah polygamous family says going on TV liberatingMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:43:52 AM
- Gettysburg wax museum selling historical figuresMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:19:01 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Bloodies Box Office With $45 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:01:00 AM
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
Talk about friends in high places.
Usher, who turned 34 on Sunday, celebrated his birthday over the weekend in the company of Hollywood royalty. Dining at Scott's Restaurant in Mayfair, London, the night before his big day, the multiplatinum R&B singer Instagrammed a photo of himself sandwiched between pals Tom Cruise and Sir Ridley Scott, the Oscar-nominated director of films including "Gladiator," "Alien" and "Prometheus."
"Just an average pre-birthday for @Howuseeit...thank you Tom and Ridley for dinner lots of laughs and good conversation," he tweeted, referring to his Instagram username.
Usher has had a busy few months.
On Aug. 24, after a heated legal battle with ex-wife Tameka Foster, the star was awarded primary custody of his sons Usher Raymond V, 4, and Naviyd Raymond, 3. As a result, he decided to postpone his Euphoria tour, originally slated to kick off in January, until next fall. He plans to use the time off to focus on his kids.
"I truly appreciate and am grateful for your support while I take this time to focus on my children and continue to evolve with my fans," he said in a statement on his website. "Evolve or evaporate."
As part of that evolution, the chart-topper will also be prepping for his role as a mentor on Season 4 of "The Voice." NBC recently announced that Usher and Shakira, 35, would join the show as replacements for Cee Lo Green, 38, and Christina Aguilera, 31.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Hank Azaria talks about his new documentary series "Fatherhood," his family and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
A pregnant Soleil Moon Frye sits down with Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner to talk about prepping for a baby boy and her busy career ...Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Hugh Jackman, see some of the best celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite