Usher Celebrates 34th Birthday With Tom Cruise, Ridley ScottRelated: Tom Cruise, Usher
- Photo: @UsherRaymondIV/Twitter1 of 13
- Photo: David Goldman/AP2 of 13
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/AP3 of 13
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital5 of 13
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 13
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: Flynet UK/Fame Flynet11 of 13
- Photo: Copetti/Photofab/StarTraks12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Reed Elsevier Sues Jay Penske's Variety, Claims $1.3 Million OwedMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 3:18:15 PM
- 'Today' Replacing, Promoting Longtime Director Amid 'Many Changes&apoMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 3:04:00 PM
- Obama's FCC Pick Tom Wheeler Appears Before Senate CommitteeMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 2:39:13 PM
- 'Devil' No More? BitTorrent 'Arthur Newman' Promotion Generated MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 2:22:25 PM
- Ratings: CNN's 'New Day' Premieres to Lukewarm NumbersMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 2:13:56 PM
- Reed Elsevier Sues Jay Penske's Variety, Claims $1.3 Million Owed
Talk about friends in high places.
Usher, who turned 34 on Sunday, celebrated his birthday over the weekend in the company of Hollywood royalty. Dining at Scott's Restaurant in Mayfair, London, the night before his big day, the multiplatinum R&B singer Instagrammed a photo of himself sandwiched between pals Tom Cruise and Sir Ridley Scott, the Oscar-nominated director of films including "Gladiator," "Alien" and "Prometheus."
"Just an average pre-birthday for @Howuseeit...thank you Tom and Ridley for dinner lots of laughs and good conversation," he tweeted, referring to his Instagram username.
Usher has had a busy few months.
On Aug. 24, after a heated legal battle with ex-wife Tameka Foster, the star was awarded primary custody of his sons Usher Raymond V, 4, and Naviyd Raymond, 3. As a result, he decided to postpone his Euphoria tour, originally slated to kick off in January, until next fall. He plans to use the time off to focus on his kids.
"I truly appreciate and am grateful for your support while I take this time to focus on my children and continue to evolve with my fans," he said in a statement on his website. "Evolve or evaporate."
As part of that evolution, the chart-topper will also be prepping for his role as a mentor on Season 4 of "The Voice." NBC recently announced that Usher and Shakira, 35, would join the show as replacements for Cee Lo Green, 38, and Christina Aguilera, 31.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
- Michelle Williams and Jason Segel are moving on!
- Wedding bells and baby rattles for Jennifer Love H
- Gisele Bundchen's bikini bod after baby
- Kim Kardashian's Last Trip to Paris Before Baby
- Prince Harry's scandal-free trip to the US
- Miley and Liam: Engagement Intervention?
- The Kardashians Luxurious Greek Getaway
- Will Sharon and Ozzy’s marriage survive his addiction issues?
- Why does Bradley Cooper live with his mom?
- Jessica Alba and Nicole Richie's Hot Caribbean Vacation
- Heidi Klum's Dramatic Beach Rescue
- Is Hayden Panettiere Secretly Engaged?
- Is Lindsay Lohan Ready to Clean Up Her Life?
- Are Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Over?
- Is Duchess Kate Expecting a Daughter?
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite