Usher Celebrates 34th Birthday With Tom Cruise, Ridley Scott
- Photo: @UsherRaymondIV/Twitter1 of 13
- Photo: David Goldman/Invision/AP2 of 13
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Invision/AP3 of 13
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital5 of 13
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 13
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: Flynet UK/Fame Flynet11 of 13
- Photo: Copetti/Photofab/StarTraks12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 4 Reasons Why We're Frustrated with The Mindy ProjectMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 4:21:00 PM
- 'Space Station 76' Review: Liv Tyler and Matt Bomer Find Lust in Space in This ParMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 4:15:00 PM
- 'Black Jesus' Star Andra Fuller to Play Sabers Owner's Son on BET&apoMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Bill Maher's 'Live From DC' Is HBO's Most-Watched Comedy SpecialMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 3:52:00 PM
- Netflix's 'Daredevil' Casts 'Bourne' Star Scott GlennMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 4 Reasons Why We're Frustrated with The Mindy Project
Talk about friends in high places.
Usher, who turned 34 on Sunday, celebrated his birthday over the weekend in the company of Hollywood royalty. Dining at Scott's Restaurant in Mayfair, London, the night before his big day, the multiplatinum R&B singer Instagrammed a photo of himself sandwiched between pals Tom Cruise and Sir Ridley Scott, the Oscar-nominated director of films including "Gladiator," "Alien" and "Prometheus."
"Just an average pre-birthday for @Howuseeit...thank you Tom and Ridley for dinner lots of laughs and good conversation," he tweeted, referring to his Instagram username.
Usher has had a busy few months.
On Aug. 24, after a heated legal battle with ex-wife Tameka Foster, the star was awarded primary custody of his sons Usher Raymond V, 4, and Naviyd Raymond, 3. As a result, he decided to postpone his Euphoria tour, originally slated to kick off in January, until next fall. He plans to use the time off to focus on his kids.
"I truly appreciate and am grateful for your support while I take this time to focus on my children and continue to evolve with my fans," he said in a statement on his website. "Evolve or evaporate."
As part of that evolution, the chart-topper will also be prepping for his role as a mentor on Season 4 of "The Voice." NBC recently announced that Usher and Shakira, 35, would join the show as replacements for Cee Lo Green, 38, and Christina Aguilera, 31.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew 'Do
From Crowd Ignite