Rapper 50 Cent charged with kicking ex-girlfriend
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 10
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage2 of 10
- Photo: Zavar/NPG3 of 10
- Photo: PN2/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage7 of 10
- Photo: VISP/GSI8 of 10
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 'Exodus' Director Ridley Scott Explains Controversial Casting DecisionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 10:38:00 AM
- Time Warner Ends Negotiations With Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 10:33:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Big Brother,' CBS Top Repeat-Heavy NightMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 9:12:00 AM
- Slow Box Office Thursday for 'November Man' and 'As Above/So Below&apMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 8:39:00 AM
- '99 Homes' brings US subprime crisis to VeniceMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 8:31:34 AM
- 'Exodus' Director Ridley Scott Explains Controversial Casting Decision
Rapper and actor 50 Cent was charged this week with attacking his ex-girlfriend and trashing her Los Angeles condo, city attorney Mike Feuer said Wednesday.
The 37-year-old "In da Club" singer, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, was charged with domestic violence and four counts of vandalism in papers filed Monday. If convicted, he faces up to five years in jail and $46,000 in fines.
RELATED: Insured celeb body parts
A representative for Jackson did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Jackson had already left when officers arrived June 23 at a Toluca Lake condo belonging to a woman who had a baby with him, police said.
During an argument, the woman told police, Jackson began destroying her property before she locked herself into her bedroom. The woman said Jackson kicked open the bedroom door and kicked her, causing injury.
RELATED: Best TMI tweets
Police said they estimated about $7,100 in damage to the woman's home. They observed many broken items in the ransacked and clothes-strewn condo, including chandeliers, furniture and a television.
The woman told police she had been in a three-year relationship with Jackson.
"Regardless of perceived celebrity or notoriety, domestic violence is a serious crime and alleged perpetrators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law by this office," Feuer said.
The Queens-reared rapper has referenced drug-dealing and violence in many songs, and is known for having survived nine gunshots in an attempted assassination.
Jackson has also worked as an actor in recent years. He starred in an autobiographical account of his life as a drug dealer in "Get Rich or Die Tryin'."
Jackson is due for arraignment July 22.
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Search For Celebrity Santa
We're on the hunt for the celebrities who could potentially fill Santa's shoes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite